Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Dot - Adding A Bigsby!

Noels_Gibson335

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I could do with some assistance still, i'm gettting a Bigsby for my dot and i've heard that a lot of people have had problems with the tuning afterwards i.e. It going out of tune very often!

I've read that by getting a roller bridge it can help stop this problem so my question is which one should I get because I really don't have a clue what fits the Epiphone Dot and what doesn't!

Thanks for any help in advance!

I put a B70 and a Wilkinson roller bridge on my Dot. I don't have any porblems keeping my guitar in tune, well no more than it goes out of tune because I bend my strings like crazy. I have this same bridge on my Sheraton with B70 and Agile AL-3100 with B70. It works great!

Since you are across the pond, there are problably some places over there that would be cheaper than what I could recommend from the States, shipping would be a killer.

Wilkinson Bridge:

Locking_Roller_Bridge_Detail.jpg

My Dot:

GOOD.jpg

I like the B70 and a roller bridge.

All parts had a less expensive roller I liked a lot.. but the wilk is probably the one if your in jolly old elsewhere.

I went with locking tuners and a roller bridge on my epi lp.

TWANG

It's not an official plate like Gibson used, but it was only $5. I went to a local trophy shop and had them make one for me. There is double faced tape on it and it is just taped to the guitar. Some guys prefer to leave the bushings in. At first I didn't, but I am thinking I may do that and have some plastic covers made for them. I've seen some with pearloid material that looks nice.

Locking_Roller_Bridge_Detail.jpg

This is the right GFS bridge for Epis. I ordered the GFS regular roller last week for my P93 and it's the right spacing, but the post holes are too big. Now I have to either return it and get the Wilky, or make some spacers. Or I can drill out new holes in the guitar for the bigger posts. That makes me nervous - the Wilkinson is the way to go.

Archived