Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Prophecy SG Custom GX

Rewddawg1

I just ordered one of these badass axes and was wondering if anyone else has one and how they like it and how it is holding up to extended play?

Fender Fat Strat WEMG pups, locking tuners

Ibanez Xiphos wDimarzio deactivator pups

Taylor BigBaby

Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602 Combo WB-52 Ext. Cab

Roland 30X Cube

Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah

Boss Metal Zone

Ibanez ChorusFlanger

Ibanez DelayEcho

For anyone new to this axe go to following link for a great Demo

I just ordered one of these badass axes and was wondering if anyone else has one and how they like it and how it is holding up to extended play?[/Quote]

It's a Bad Guitar!

You won't be able to put it down!

Just get a good leather strap cause the SG's are neck heavy.

Hey REWDDAWG!!! this is too funny ,,i just got done writng you and telling you to sign up over here,,,looks like you beat me to it,,,welcome to the forum!!!Think you'll like it here,,i know i do ,,,great bunch here,,and yes there are a few Prophecy boys like myself and soon to be you ,,just for fun heres my Baby again hangin with Blondie my 2003 Korina

DSC01458.jpg

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Chuan Yin Marina Mark 20SS classical

Carlo Robelli 5 string Banjo

Carlo Robelli Electric Violin

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

2 Marshall JTM-612 60 watt 1 12 Combos

Don't own one, but I did get a chance to play the Dirty Finger Les Paul a while back, and they are real nice guitars, although the D.F. Pickups were a little too hot for my liking.

Where are my manners? Welcome aboard! Crazy bunch we got here, better walk on eggshells the whole time yer here...just kidding, GREAT bunch here, tell ya anything you wanna know Epiphone, or just about any kind of guitar.

I appreciate all of your comments and it sounds encouraging. I have never owned an epiphone before and didn't know about their quality. I saw this guitar on a website about 9 months ago but I didn't want more Emg pups and knew nothing about Dirty Fingers pups. My local gutar store has never stocked any Propecy's before. I ran across Maniak's you tube video and immediately knew this was the guitar for me it fits the styles of music I like to play and has all the features of a Gibson and more. If any body has run across any quality issues please let me know. I can't find a legit negative remark about this guitar anywhere on the net.

Thanks

Hey REWDDAWG!!! this is too funny ' date=',i just got done writng you and telling you to sign up over here,,,looks like you beat me to it,,,welcome to the forum!!!Think you'll like it here,,i know i do ,,,great bunch here,,and yes there are a few Prophecy boys like myself and soon to be you ,,just for fun heres my Baby again hangin with Blondie my 2003 Korina

[img']http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/maniakmusik_photos/DSC01458.jpg[/img]

MY Noisemakers:

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

Hey Maniak What up I have seen your photo of your sg's and some of the others posted on the net. Fantastic looking guitars and what's great is they sound even better. Best I can tell is that the speed taper neck will be similar to the neck on my Ibanez xyphos to me that's a good thing. Good talking to you again hearing from the others here. I rcognize some names from your video site. Any way keep on rockin til your fingers get blisters and the paint peels off the wall!

I second the motion! Guitars so nice' date=' I bought 'em TWICE!

Here's my famous pic of the twins (almost a year old now ... 'tis the season!):

[img']http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/midiman56/ProphecyTwins.jpg[/img]

Jim

Hey Midi fantastic looking guitars. I went with the SG because my hands are too small to reach the upper frets on a Les Paul. Does the Sg have a little bit sharper attack and the Les Paul a kind of brighter tone because of the massive body? I read somewhere about you and you have been playin for over 40 yrs? Are you capable of making a video playing your Prophecys'? My guitar is on order and best arrival time is 2 more weeks and I love watching actual musicians play these guitars while I am waiting. Good talking to you and keep on rockin!

Hey, Rewd ...

To my ears, the LP has a bit thicker sound and more sustain than the SG Prophecy ... as you might expect. With either guitar, the Dirty Fingers pups really are the story here ... just amazing!

I don't have any YouTube videos up, but if you'd like to hear what the Dirty Fingers sound like, just give my My Space link (very bottom of this post) a click and give a listen to the song "Walk With Long Stride". It's sort of a jazz fusion number that features both the LP Prophecy and a Fender Strat ... believe me, you'll be able to tell 'em apart. Down at the bottom of the list is my take on the theme from "Escape From New York". That one is pretty keyboard dominated, but you'll hear the SG hitting some power chords and a short lead break!

Comments welcome, and I can't wait to hear your impressions of the new axe when it arrives!

Jim

Hey REWDDAWG!!! this is too funny ' date=',i just got done writng you and telling you to sign up over here,,,looks like you beat me to it,,,welcome to the forum!!!Think you'll like it here,,i know i do ,,,great bunch here,,and yes there are a few Prophecy boys like myself and soon to be you ,,just for fun heres my Baby again hangin with Blondie my 2003 Korina

[img']http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/maniakmusik_photos/DSC01458.jpg[/img]

MY Noisemakers:

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

Hey Maniak what's up? I was wondering if you got a hardshell case for your Prophecy? If so was it an Epiphone case were there any issues for it fitting

Yeah,,i bought her with a case,,standard issue Epiphone,,,fits like a glove. Its the same size as the case i got with my Korina G-400.Just their Standard SG case i guess. You Myst be getting psyched,,won't be long now!!!

MY Noisemakers:

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah' date=',i bought her with a case,,standard issue Epiphone,,,fits like a glove. Its the same size as the case i got with my Korina G-400.Just their Standard SG case i guess. You Myst be getting psyched,,won't be long now!!!

MY Noisemakers:

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

[/quote']

Hey Maniak what's up? Check your youtube messages and resond if you can? Keep Rockin America!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived