Gibson Brands Forums

Stop me

Gibson CS

You think these are tone/wood turds. Not any good' date=' ha. In the 80's japan had some real good ash and alder let a-lone a wood that was only out there and now is long gone.[img']http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/cudamax2343/000_1468-1.jpg[/img]

Are those Blazers? I'm pretty sure the top on is at least, but there was a different body/headstock style too. If so, they are great guitars.

Oh yes - alternatives: Try the BC Rich Mockingbird or Music Man Axis Super Sport (they even did one a while ago with a rosewood top). Good axes both.

I've always liked the Bich, Mockingbird and Eagle body styles. I started playing for the second time on a Bronze Series Bich... wow it was awful, even for $100. I haven't tried a high end BC Rich though, not too may around here.

I still think my BFG is better than most guitars I've ever played.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i played a pre-fender jackson V' date=' worth like 3 grand

:)

not impressed

looked cool, alpine white, fast neck, but high action, and it sounded like a brick with strings

granted a highly distorted, high gain, mega suturated brick with strings

that feeback like a mofo

nuts[/quote']

I wouldn't form your opinion around just one example. I played over 50 Les Pauls before I found The One; some were good, some were okay, some sucked and mine is excellent.

Archived