Gibson Brands Forums

HNAD!!

lonesomeagle1

Happy Birthday to me!

Treated myself to a new AC4TV-8. Got 10% off at GC so it was only 179.

They only had 2 in stock, let me choose which one . Played both for about 20 min side by side and they were pretty much a matched pair, although the shelf model had a slight hum. I wanted to make sure I got one before they were all snatched up on Black Friday.

Sweet tone right out of the box, can't wait until the tubes break in a little.

Just thought I'd share

Pete

Thanks all. She sound amazing at home! Gently breaking in her tubes, but I think a week will be all I can stand before I crank her up.

So far I only gave her the Dot to play with, lol. Today I think she gets introduced to the GoldTop.

Thanks too for the fiddle comments. My son and I have been working on a well balanced players collection. He recently added a Hummingbird and an '75 Ovation Pacemaker 12 string.

Pete

cant wait to play it when i get back for christmas... ill break it in for sure...

07 Epi LP Custom (white), 07 Epi '56 Reissue GoldTop LP, Epi LP Special, Epi SG Special, '09 Fender Strat, Epi PR5E, Epi Hummingbird, ‘75 Ovation 1615 Pacemaker 12 String

Vox AD100VT-XL Valvetronix

Roland TD-3 Drums

Very Customized CB Acoustic Drumset

Congrats, my wife bought me an AC4TVH and Cab and I finally quit looking for amps, I love it.

Speaking of amps though, my brother owed me $25 (since July) and I conned him out of his Pignose about a month ago, (he got it off CL for $10 so he did ok).

Talk about a cool little amp, I love being able to go sit on the patio or where ever and play and the thing really sounds sweet when the batteries start getting weak, about 7.5 volts is perfect, sweet distortion at that voltage.

Best of all it has a line out to use it as a pre amp, the Pignose going into the AC4 is awesome.

Archived