Gibson Brands Forums

Case For Texan or John Lennon EpJ-160?

taxman

Gibson customer service told me the case for the Texan is the EDREAD case - same as the one for the Lennon Epi. Problem is those cases are back-ordered for months -- none available.

Anyone know of a substitute case they have used for their Lennon EJ-160 or their Texan. Both of those guitars are rather big and finding a case to fit is rather hard.

Thanks.

These cases will fit and are a great bargain:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=542013&base_pid=540945

Well made cases(I have several for various guitars) plus free shipping going on right now.. You usually have to pay shipping, as they're under $99, plus an extra charge because they're oversize.

I have an EDREAD case for my Epi AJ-45 and the Musicians Gear Deluxe Vintage for my Epi AJ-200SRW. Both guitars fit nicely in either case.

These cases will fit and are a great bargain:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=542013&base_pid=540945

Well made cases(I have several for various guitars) plus free shipping going on right now.. You usually have to pay shipping, as they're under $99, plus an extra charge because they're oversize.

I have an EDREAD case for my Epi AJ-45 and the Musicians Gear Vintage for my Epi AJ-200SRW. Both guitars fit nicely in either case.

wow these cases look great (especially the tweed one)' date=' do MF also send outside the USA?[/quote']

Yes, the tweeds are nice. I have two of those that I use for a square neck and round neck resonator.

I think they ship to Canada but I don't know about overseas. If they do, you'd probably take a big hit with shipping and taxes. Email them and find out

Thanks for the input.

Not knowing fully if it is a good fit for a Texan, I'm taking a gamble on one of those tweed Musician's Gear cases. I ordered one, it's on the way. Musician's Friend said if it doesn't fit my guitar, I have 45 days to send it back so it really isn't much of a gamble. Hope it fits, though. It is a cool looking case.

Hi, just wanted to add to this debate - does anyone know if other manufacturers make tweed style hard shell cases (would really like one) that will fit an Epi 'Dove' or am I correct in thinking that there is only the Epi standard dread case that fits the Dove acoustic etc due to its unique size and shape. Please advise if you know or even have one that will fit it.

regards

Paulocon

Musician's Friend said if it doesn't fit my guitar' date=' I have 45 days to send it back so it really isn't much of a gamble. Hope it fits, though. It is a cool looking case.[/quote']

Just an FYI for anybody who isn't aware: If you send something back for reasons other that the fault of the vendor or manufacturer, you will pay the freight BOTH ways (shipping is "free" only if you keep the merchandise).

Just an FYI for anybody who isn't aware: If you send something back for reasons other that the fault of the vendor or manufacturer' date=' you will pay the freight BOTH ways[/quote']

No, no, they told me regarding a case there is no charge for returns. The size issue is key in this matter and if the guitar doesn't fit the sent case, I suppose they see that as fault of merchandise. Believe me, I asked a million times, "What if the guitar doesn't fit the case you are sending?"

MF is very good with returns and exchanges. I've bought a lot of stuff from them and never had to pay return shipping for something that wasn't right. You just let them know what the problem is and they email you a prepaid shipping label.

I am pleased to hear that MF exceeds their stated policy' date=' which is: [i']Refunds are made for product value only, excluding shipping and handling charges.[/i]

I have had issues with MF in the past. I was left with the impression that they didn't need nor want my business. It was almost as bad as visiting their sister company (GC).

I'll stick with zzounds for online shopping. Those guys bend over backwards to make sure I get what I want and pay for.

Archived