Gibson Brands Forums

Quick guitar gift card question.....

I really havnt used many of the online stores to buy things for my guitars and amps and what not, but I was wondering witch site has the most bang for my buck? Is one really better than the other like music123 , or MusiciansFriend or does it really even matter ? thanks guys looking to get about $150-200 gift card for my pops for X mas so let me know what yall think

It matters, you want a VERY liberal return policy when ordering from a place like that. To me its worth an extra 3% up front to know I can return something if I don't like it. That being said, I have had VERY good experiences with zzounds, not so much with MF or AMS. I never tried Sweetwater, so no comment.

Sweetwater has the absolute best in customer service, etc. but do not have the inventory of accessories that Musician's Friend or Guitar Center (one and the same) have. If you're thinking in the $150-200 range, that's more than likely what's going to be purchased (i.e. pedals, other misc elec goodies, etc.). Either MF or GC is going to be fair on any return issues (my limited experience, anyway).

is your pop's the type that likes to browse a store? if so, get him a gift card to that store. Where do you get you gear? i would get him a card from them. If they do not have them, get him one from the online place you visit the most. i have a guitarcenter local and get cards and coupons from them for being a good customer in the mail. Sign up for the email news letter to get some sales coupons. I do the online surveys for guitarcenter and get rewarded with 5-25 dollar gift cards or coupons. IT helps and it is a great way to keep me as a customer. so, a card from a family member and the stuff from the store and oline emails makes for a nice deal.

I recommend a Guitar Center gift card - it will work online, with the same prices as Musician's Friend or Music123, but also in the store.

Unless you don't have a Guitar Center. In that case, either Musician's Friend or Music123. They ship from the same warehouse and almost always have the same sales going on.

Archived