Gibson Brands Forums

Jimi Strats ...

Parts is parts! Free parts is even better! I like to think I have my limits, but food fights are fun; and a dumpster full of guitar bodies to scavenge would definitely get me diving through the tofu and soggy lettuce. [biggrin]

Gil...

Just Curious' date=' why would you want a Gibson made Jimi Hendrix Strat? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. Would you want a Fender built Jimmy Page Les Paul? [/quote']

Correction: WHY WOULD YOU WANT A SIGNATURE MODEL IF YOU CAN JUST GET A STANDARD MODEL OF THE SAME THING?

I wouldn't get a slash les paul, because slash didn't play a slash les paul. he played a les paul les paul.

jimi hendrix didn't play a jimi hendrix strat. jimi hendrix played a regular strat.

In the case of the JH Gibson Strat bodies, well, it's far better than just leaving 'em in the dumpster. But that's probably where they all wound up after that public relations fiasco.

I actually bought a '96 Jimmy Page Les Paul way back in, you guess it, 1996. Bought it for $2373.73; partly as a playable investment, and partly because it was so thoroughly modded that I figured I wouldn't ever need to mod it. Three months later, I broke the headstock. After that it was just flat painful watching the MSRP on those JPLP's go up a thousand bucks every year till they stopped making 'em. But I got mine fixed, then proceeded to mod everything on it. Nowadays, it plays and sounds vastly better than when I got it, and I've turned down a couple of fairly tempting offers to sell it. Go figure. #-o

Gil...

Archived