Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone strat

altair

That is awesome! I've never seen an Epi strat with that headstock before. Hmmm....

But I bet you've seen a Jackson.

Just my own opinion but if you want a Strat I reckon that Fender (maybe even Squire) will do it better.

But I bet you've seen a Jackson.

Just my own opinion but if you want a Strat I reckon that Fender (maybe even Squire) will do it better.

Not a Jackson with that headstock. Its really more Kramer-ish, but definately an Epi head. Usually seen on Explorers. The two oddball things about that are: that headstock on that particular guitar and fact that it is a maple fretboard. Highly irregular...but definately all Epiphone. The S-500's and up had the Jackson/Charvel-type pointy headstocks.

I would surely take a Fender over it, but I would almost guarantee it is higher quality than any Squire Bullet or Affinity.

Not a Jackson with that headstock. Its really more Kramer-ish' date=' but definately an Epi head. Usually seen on Explorers. The two oddball things about that are: that headstock on that particular guitar and fact that it is a maple fretboard. Highly irregular...but definately all Epiphone. The S-500's and up had the Jackson/Charvel-type pointy headstocks.

I would surely take a Fender over it, but I would almost guarantee it is higher quality than any Squire Bullet or Affinity.[/quote']

I am humbled and bow to your superior knowledge of all things pointy [angry] but at the 200 Euro asking price for the Epi (£180.00 UK) you're into used Squier Vintage Modified country. Even though I'm not a Strat guy I was mighty impressed by one of those. Total agreement on the Affinity or Bullet though.

I used to have a black one that I bought for $40 bucks and then I traded it for 2 guitars. The neck felt great. The electronics could have been upgraded but were not horrible either. Its not as good as a Fender but its better than a Squier Affinity series. The Squier Vibe series are supposed to be as good or better than the mexican Fender strats from what I've read and heard. Thats just my opinion though.

Archived