Gibson Brands Forums

I can't go after 'em - maybe one of y'all can?

animalfarm

Finances will not allow me to participate in the bidding for

these gits, makes me want to cry.... (G.A.S.). About 2 days left

on gits, I'll post link to sellers "store" page. Please note the

Tom Delong ES333, Washburn, EPI LP Ultra, and EPI Prophecy LP

Custom EX. Current bids ranging from $0.99 to $50.00...

Sigh.....

http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/Guitar-/3858/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ipg=25&_ssn=mhzstudio8&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282#item45f066b097

Yes, Im sure that guy just enjoys buying a lot of guitars, using them once and then selling them for very low prices. Why on earth could anyone find that even remotely suspicious.

If a deal is too good to be true, it really is too good to be true.....

Personally I wouldnt trust a seller like that any further than you can say "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will....", but hey, I am damaged by profession I think.....

Yes' date=' Im sure that guy just enjoys buying a lot of guitars, using them once and then selling them for very low prices. Why on earth could anyone find that even remotely suspicious.

Personally I wouldnt trust a seller like that any further than you can say "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will....", but hey, I am damaged by profession I think.....[/quote']

But you've got to say it would be some going to fake the Epi Les Paul special II performance pack:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-Performance-Pack_W0QQitemZ300385980019QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item45f0664e73

I' with you on that Sheila,

For $1.25, I would even have the neck fixed if it needed it.

I don't think that it does or he would have stated it.

In the photo it is hard to see the nano mag pickup.

The TRC just has Ultra with no 2 or II.

Even so, it is not a bad price for a regular Ultra.

Mark

Yes' date=' Im sure that guy just enjoys buying a lot of guitars, using them once and then selling them for very low prices. Why on earth could anyone find that even remotely suspicious.

Personally I wouldnt trust a seller like that any further than you can say "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will....", but hey, I am damaged by profession I think.....[/quote']

It is, as always, "Buyer Beware". I put the info out for "y'all" to either

use or ignore, as personal choice would dictate. I suspect the person is

a reseller, sources could be from anywhere. Bottom line, ask questions,

go for the best price if answers are acceptable. If I were able to bid on a

git or two, this listing/store would not have been mentioned. Just trying

to be a good forum member and pass on a potential bargain to someone

else....[cool][biggrin] [biggrin]

I have a 3 businesses in DM, IA and what happens with a FedEx or UPS claim is as follows:

Make claim for damage. You can state cost to repair or value lost to sell cheap or tell them you don't want it. If they pick it up they dump to some salvage buyers they have lined up. If you take the $$ then you sell for what ever you can get.

We've had this happen often w/ UPS esp. They really don't want it back and would rather you keep with almost nothing in it than have to **** around w/ a pickup, transport, and tons of other costs with the return.

Hope that helps you from our experiences

Aster

Of course Animalfarm, it is nice of you to let people see the ads, in case they are legit and they make a bargain. I do appreciate that, even if I wouldn't be able to bid even if I had wanted to.

I guess i am just damaged by profession seeing everything that looks like a good deal being fraudulent. Seen too much of that in my job in various degrees and so much I anticipate everything i ever see to be a scam in one way or the other. Or as we say at work "there are two kinds of people in the world, crooks we have put in jail and croooks we still don't have enough proof to arrest". A sad view of the world, I know.... and I do apologise if i in any way didnt give you credit for being nice and letting people in on a bargain.

Of course Animalfarm' date=' it is nice of you to let people see the ads, in case they are legit and they make a bargain. I do appreciate that, even if I wouldn't be able to bid even if I had wanted to.

I guess i am just damaged by profession seeing everything that looks like a good deal being fraudulent. Seen too much of that in my job in various degrees and so much I anticipate everything i ever see to be a scam in one way or the other. Or as we say at work "there are two kinds of people in the world, crooks we have put in jail and croooks we still don't have enough proof to arrest". A sad view of the world, I know.... and I do apologise if i in any way didnt give you credit for being nice and letting people in on a bargain.[/quote']

As Senor Wencas would say - "s' alright"....

I know 3 folks that are state troopers in another state, I've seen their attitudes

change over time. I believe they rather "hate" their jobs, but are staying for the

benefits. Used to be "I'll change the world/gung-ho". Now it's US against THEM -

the kind of people they deal with all the time has caused a gradual shift. I myself

might be the same if all I dealt with WERE the 'Bad people", might actually forget

that not everyone IS a "perp".

I was recently selected for JURY duty, and was elected as the JURY FOREMAN (Eeeeeee!!!!!).

The verdict was not favorable for the defendant, and as Jury Foreman, I had to sign my name

to the verdict document... Defendant looked peeved, started wondering about "public records"

and possible repercussions from his "supporters". To make things easier, I now just Kill everyone that

comes to my door (JUST KEEEEEDING!).

Archived