Gibson Brands Forums

My custom jobs - sheraton / SG (big pics)

chewy1281734128

my first pics on this forum...

i put a gibson 57 in the neck and a SD 59 in the bridge. a world of difference. as we know the tone isnt great from the epiphone stock pups.

sherry.jpg

sherry2.jpg

the tail piece and bridge - i took the gold off with some t-cut, if you dont know what this is, its something you put on cars to remove marks on the paint work etc. turned out pretty good.

i'll change the pots to simple black ones too. and its got black grover locking tuners on there.

now my sg -

simple enough, locking tuners and gibson p94's in both. love the sound of these.

on clean especially, brilliant. this was my first guitar, its my baby! but it needed new pick ups.

sg.jpg

p94.jpg

man, the guitars look dirty when you see those pics...

Good work Chewy that Sherri looks very handsome sporting that chrome....

Also, your fine SG started me thinking,

When I put the Mean 90's in my JP I am going to have a Seymour Duncan Hotrodded set SH-2 Jazz & SH-4 JB on the table looking for a home....I don't own a solid body guitar.....might hunt on Swedish e-bay Blocket for a cheap solid body host for those pups...maybe an SG.....

So many SG models though I will have to do some research. Having those pups spare and seeing your SG has given me a low cost, budget, GAS attack....

If I end up with an SG with those SD's in it will be your fault Chewy.......

Edit: Chewy both guitars have ABR's on what happened to the original Sherri bridge, just out of curiosity.....

Good job chewy! You'll soon find how tedious it is to change out the pots, switch, and jack, but also how much it improves the tone...as well as the longevity. Fishing them through the f hole is challenging, but very doable. I changed everything out in my '98 Sherri and switched over to chrome also. You can see one of the orange drop tone caps through the f hole here:

Sheri-mod-body1.jpg

Good work Chewy that Sherri looks very handsome sporting that chrome....

Also' date=' your fine SG started me thinking,

When I put the Mean 90's in my JP I am going to have a Seymour Duncan Hotrodded set SH-2 Jazz & SH-4 JB on the table looking for a home....[b']I don't own a solid body guitar[/b].....might hunt on Swedish e-bay Blocket for a cheap solid body host for those pups...maybe an SG.....

So many SG models though I will have to do some research. Having those pups spare and seeing your SG has given me a low cost, budget, GAS attack....

If I end up with an SG with those SD's in it will be your fault Chewy.......

Edit: Chewy both guitars have ABR's on what happened to the original Sherri bridge, just out of curiosity.....

those p94s sound great in a solid body guitar!

the bridge / tail piece from the sherry is the original, i rubbed the gold off with some t-cut. google t-cut if you dont know what it was, i didnt know exactly what it was, although its been going for years!

i have been told though, that the metal will rust, but if it was to happen, it'll take a while. i'll just buy a new bridge.

and as for the pole pieces, it sounds great where they are, and i like symetrical looks.

Archived