Gibson Brands Forums

Hows about a TV Yellow LP Jr like this?

Saljam

Thank you! I didn't know Epi ever made these. I was hoping for a set neck like the Dillon and Agile I've seen. Perhaps Epi will put these out again sometime soon with a set neck. I think they would sell pretty good if they do. Thanks again for the response and the link.

the new catlogue is on here but i dont see any LP jr, which is a shame! I think all the set neck lp jr are 57 reissues, whether they will bring them back out im not sure, but thats the only everone ive seen with a double cut and in Tv yellow. All the others are single cut in white or sunburst

Yeah, it's funny...I think a lot of the "custom shop" stuff doesn't show up in the catalog...for example at the Long and McQuade (like canada's equivalent to guitar center), they carry epiphone speicals, 2 p90s, set neck, which don't show up in the catalog...a guy there also said he could order in a honeyburst LP standard with 2 p90s (they had none in) which I haven't seen anywhere.

I think someone from Epiphone had said something a month or two back in the lounge about there being a Les Paul Special coming.

I'd be all over a TV Yellow Jr. or Special. I really want a P90 guitar as I don't have one right now.

The closest thing I have to it is my Epi 56' lp jr re-issue. Its tv yellow with a setneck and, I think, a P100 pickup in it. I have really been dying to find a double cut in red or worn cherry like the Gibby that CB has. I wish some one from Epi would let us know if they are coming out with it or not. Are you listening Epi? Somebody from Epi did say a while back that it was coming out but no word since then. I wish they would not keep us in the dark. It would be nice to have some more info about the Limited Edition Epi's too since they are not in the catalog too.

thanks for posting this! i was looking for the specs and they are on that lnk.

one question though... is the original gibson tv yellow transparent? i saw another make do one out of poplar and that one is transparent yellow.

I posted these photos on my other thread. Here is the Gibson Custom Shop next to the new Epi

Gibson.jpg

Epiphone.jpg

The Gibson does look transparent but who knows from the pictures.

Archived