Gibson Brands Forums

white Toggle switch cap that would fit on my guitar

MrAwesome

Sorry another where can buy question, this is my last [blush]

I have an epiphone guitar and would like to know were i can buy just the Toggle switch "cap" or knob, the thing you screw on the toggle switch. I want a white one but I heard that not all of the caps will work on The Epiphone. Anyone know a good site or a link to buy a white Toggle switch cap?

would this fit? -- http://www.bestguitarparts.com/guitar-part/85/Toggle_Switch_Knob.htm

Without looking at the threads, I'm gonna guess no. The threads on Epi switches are smaller than those on USA made switches. Email them and ask if it will fit, they should know. Just tell them the switch is on an Epi, an Asian made guitar. They are a good company and will get back to you fairly soon. Thing is, if it does fit, shipping will cost way more than the tip.

For the small cost of a switch I would say just get a Switchcraft switch and be done with it.

Make sure you get the Switchcraft selector that looks exactly like the one in the pic above. I bought a new Switchcraft selector for my Dot and it was slightly bigger. I didn't realize it until I went to install it that the selector was too big to fit in the hole in my guitar. I ended up having to make the hole bigger to fit the thing and the guitar suffered somewhat cosmetically because of it. Not much but enough to annoy me.

Uh...good "tip" Jim...I think?

Can you tell us where you order them from? I've purchased tips from three different sources for my 90's Riv, all claiming to fit Epiphone guitars, and they were all to big. Even the tips off my newer Epis are too big....

Archived