Gibson Brands Forums

56 Goldtop reissue opinions??

fpd4308

Guest icantbuyafender

My '56 goldtop... goldie... is my most played guitar. Im with jcwillows on this one, as I too put mini humbuckers in mine.

Its hard to put it down! and kudos to the neck profile!

The guitar is now in my possession. Thanks to all of you for the Advice. So far I really like it. Sounds really good clean. I don't like the feel of the switch but I would guess it's probably not a switchcraft switch. Might have to change that out. The guy just had it professionally setup 2 weeks ago so it plays like butter. Guess it's time to plug it in to my stack and play it dirty. I will post a new family photo shortly. Thanks again.

Doug

The guitar is now in my possession. Thanks to all of you for the Advice. So far I really like it. Sounds really good clean. I don't like the feel of the switch but I would guess it's probably not a switchcraft switch. Might have to change that out. The guy just had it professionally setup 2 weeks ago so it plays like butter. Guess it's time to plug it in to my stack and play it dirty. I will post a new family photo shortly. Thanks again.

Doug

Awesome! Congrats! You must post pics! Its the law!!!!! I agree with you on the switch. Mine feels like crap too on my Goldtop. I may even put some mini-humbuckers in it now that I have the Gibby doublecut wP100's. I like the way the mini's look.

Archived