Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone g-400 custom just bought :)

Hamish

Just got me a epi g400 custom from thomann, arrived today and is beautiful but there is something im not quite getting .

It makes a very ovale open sound when muted I tried guitar rig 4 using same setting on both my g400 cherry and the custom and there isn't this open sound on it.

I think it might be because he hasn't been set up yet the tune o matic bridge on cherry red its all the way down as the custom is up but when i try to make it go down it touches the fretboard do i need to change the action or something please help [cool]

PS: Serial number is 0912200824

And guitar dater project is giving me unrecognised

Yes it does, but proper maintenance of your instrument is your responsibility, this is the price you pay to play.

Many don't think of it, but every year your guitar will need servicing just like a car. And just like a car, there will be maintenance costs involved. Do you change your oil? Filters? Rotate the tires? Service the AC, replace belts? These are all costs you incur in addition to the base price of the vehicle.

A guitar is no different, you must replace strings, clean electronics, adjust the truss rod, replace the nut, set the action and intonation, clean it... the list goes on but you get the drift.

On a $400 guitar expect to spend just as much on service in four years as you paid for the guitar. Or learn to service it yourself, but then you would need to invest in the tools to do it with, which will be considerably more than the guitar costs.

Archived