Gibson Brands Forums

2 broke les pauls, in one week

Guest icantbuyafender

tempers can flare when rubbed the wrong way, just like with any group of people.

Me, personally, I try my stuff out whenever possible.

Im saving and browsing for a worn brown gibson LP studio... problem is... all i can find is cherry.

I played a few and like one would expect, there are setup issues and an occasional sharp fret... or ding in the finish.

I say no one is to blame, as it was all an accident im sure. No manufacturer or store purposely outfits a buyer with a bum guitar.

So, Im with sheila. Pacifism my friends!

:) unless its about EMG pickups.... LOL

Jim' date=' remember when I first came here and you thought . . . and I meant . . . and I made you hot cocoa? Same thing, just a misunderstanding of the written word. Can't see the writer's face and hear the inflections of speech, etc. It happens. And I'd love to have a GC near me.

Sheila

[/quote']

I DO remember that cup of cocoa, Sheila ... it was just what the doctor ordered ... and I've had a soft spot for you ever since!

I really wasn't upset or offended by anything that was said during the course of this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I freely admit that what warrior is going through is pretty darn unacceptable. I was just trying to point out the fact that nearly 100% of the blame for these two defective guitars was being laid at Guitar Center's door. Epiphone, with all of its much-touted quality control was getting away scott-free!

It does get a little bit old hearing the place where you work hard and try to do a good job constantly described by people you respect as the root of all evil, but so be it! If there is better service, price, selection and reliability to be found elsewhere, then that is obviously the place you should do business with! The company is doing fine and is posting some impressive sales figures, even in these difficult economic times ... so we must be pleasing someone!

Again, there are no hard feelings ... I wish I could do more for warrior ... and I hope everything works out tomorrow when his new guitar shows up!

Jim

Hey, Warrior ...

It's Wednesday in my part of the world ... did they get your new guitar in yet?

Tell us if this one was any good, will ya? Too much energy was expended on this thread not to know the outcome! :-k

Jim

Yeah, well let me tell you that my nearest GC is a bit further away than for most of you lol!

Compared to the dingbats that distribute and sell Epi here they sound wonderful. Besides which it's an 8 hour return trip if they get it wrong.

Very happy with my AL2900 thank you very much!

Dig

P.S. If my mate Jim works there they can't be that bad.

I DO remember that cup of cocoa' date=' Sheila ... it was just what the doctor ordered ... and I've had a soft spot for you ever since!

Jim

[/quote']

And I for you!

Hey' date=' Warrior ...

It's Wednesday in my part of the world ... did they get your new guitar in yet?

Tell us if this one was any good, will ya? Too much energy was expended on this thread not to know the outcome! :-k

Jim

[/quote']

Hear! Hear! Did it come, yet?

Sheila

Guys ... I'm not offended or defensive about Guitar Center.

... & neither you should be!

So' date=' Jim, can I get a discount if I'm ever in Vegas?[crying

eggmuffins

• 2 months later...

Being sold 2 faulty guitars is bad...but I live in MI as well, though I have not been to the Canton location, I bought my Epi Lp at the Roseville one. In the 5 months I've owned it the only thing I've had happen was the nut cracked...could be from the .52 E string I use, may have been defective...$10 later and I'm back at it. When I was buying mine i plugged it in to one of their amps and played it for a while. Using all the switch settings making sure both pickups worked, going throught the knobs to be sure there was no crackle in them, and jiggled the jack make sure that was nice and tight with no shorting.

Hope all is well is well with the new one.

Midiman.... I understand you feel complaining on "your store" gets a bit old.

Yes, I think many (smaller) stores unpack every guitar and checks them, and has them setup and so on. GC is a large store, chain of stores in fact. Policys on those stores are usually different than a local "mom and pop" shop. The number of items being shipped is that much higher.

The advantage of the more mechanized way of selling is that prices are kept down, the downside that you get a risk of some guitars being delivered that are malfunctioning. Price and benifit, as in everything.

I think your return policy as such is fine. You haven't argued or tried not to accept a return. OK, you didnt ahve another one for him and had to order it, but go to your local "Joes Music Store and Bar and Barber" and see how long it would take to get a replacement had it happened there.

It's sad that you got two defective products in a row, but seems to say more about Epihone quality control than GC. Still, as a GC dealer having this happen would make me think maybe I should have my staff do more checkups on them. And have a stern talk to the central office in sharge of purchases since it may refelct badly on my business.

Sine the poor dude had such a bad luck, I think I would offer him some little compensation. Not becasue i have to, but because it is good customer management. Nothing big, but telling him "hey, want a set of strings on the house" will make him look more favourably on the store.

Weela, I hope you get a good replacement soon. This time, have it checked out at the store just in case. And if they offer a set of strings on the house, tell them "well, I had to return it twice, shouldnt it be two sets??", haha!

Archived