Gibson Brands Forums

Amazon.com ... WTF???

midiman56

Look here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Gibson+Les+Paul+studio+50%27s+tribute&x=11&y=19

I'm not sure what to say here! They look great for only $50 more than the "Faded" LP's. I am personally not real big on the 50's neck profile and they have no binding which would typically kill it in my book, but a genuine Gibby with two P90's and a choice of colors (cherryburst for me, natch) ... these sound almost too good to be true!

The big question remains ... WTF is Amazon doing with them? I can't get a dang EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT from flippin' Amazon!!!!!!

Comments???

Jim

Yeah, Jim...I have one of those guitars on order, from E.M. Shorts, in Wichita. $715.00 (plus tax, unless you live out of state).

Gold Top! It looks to be a great guitar! Time will tell, but I'm pretty "Stoked" about getting it. However, since the flood,

it may be awhile?! Shorts had the order in, prior to the flooding...so, maybe Gibson will fill those kinds of orders, first?!

Who knows? Should be a fun guitar, when I do get it.

CB

There's a lot of buzz going around on these, all positive - that's a great price from EM Shorts too! I already have a goldtop and I've always wanted a 50's-style P90 LP in black so it has my interest too. I kinda wish they'd done a wrap-tail like a '54 but still, ultra cool guitar. I'll bet they sell a boatload of these after they get production sorted out.

There's a lot of buzz going around on these' date=' all positive - that's a great price from EM Shorts too! I already have a goldtop and I've always wanted a 50's-style P90 LP in black so it has my interest too. I kinda wish they'd done a wrap-tail like a '54 but still, ultra cool guitar. I'll bet they sell a boatload of these after they get production sorted out.[/quote']

Boatload, indeed! The GT's have been "pre-selling" like "hot cakes," according to the dealers, and others I've spoken to.

Seems this model is limited to 120 units, of each color, too. Although, there's conflicting info, on that.

And, twofeets....the "Ebony" one, would have been my 2nd Choice, after the "Gold-Top!" ;>) I like the White one, too..

but would have replaced the pick-guard, and P-90 covers, with "black" ones...personally. But, that's an easy enough "fix."

(Smile)

CB

Archived