Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Guitar from Epiphone possible?

jamie-t

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of someone ordering a guitar from Epiphone in a custom colour like you can do with most American guitar companies. I want to get a Riviera P94 in a colour other than Natural (Orange) and I'm pretty sure it would be fairly expensive to do and I don't think I'd trust anyone around here to do it.

Epiphone USA..."Maybe(?)"....as they're made in Nashville. But' date=' "Bend Over," cause (financially) it's going to HURT!

CB[/quote']

LOL, between this and your other most recent post on the Prez.

I think you need to take a break and go out to get some fresh air. You are apparently stuck in a hole of some kind.

;)

LOL' date=' between this and your other most recent post on the Prez.

I think you need to take a break and go out to get some fresh air. You are apparently stuck in a hole of some kind.

;) [/quote']

Don't like my feeble attempts at some caustic humor? LOL! Well, you might be right?

Then again...??? As to the "Prez,"....no comment, beyond what's already been said. After

all, this IS a Family oriented (Rated PG at best) forum. ;>)

CB

They would never make just one guitar in one custom color for a customer. The minute that it was finished it would be an instant collectable because of it's rarity. You could in turn sell it as a one-of-a-kind epiphone...ain't happening.

So if they ain't making it in custom colors may be there's no point to ask if they gonna build me a custom guitar at all, is it? I'm a fan of the ZV custom, but my Korina V and LP Custom are both black and have gold hardware and the V has a white scratchplate and I'd very much like to make a ZV like this for myself - all black, gold hardware and a white scratchplate, like this one here (I photoshopped it, of course):

f_fgm3gf9yo8em_97443a1.jpg

Hey, I won't even mind if they read this and decide to put it on the market, I'd be the first to buy it! [thumbup]

They would never make just one guitar in one custom color for a customer. The minute that it was finished it would be an instant collectable because of it's rarity. You could in turn sell it as a one-of-a-kind epiphone...ain't happening.

Oh no' date=' they'd do it. But it would cost you as much as a Gibson, (read probably about $15,000 [thumbup ) so unless you want a Custom Sheraton or other Epi Original, don't bother.

If you ABSOLUTELY HAD TO HAVE A CUSTOM USA MADE EPI, talk to Ed Roman, he'll do anything. And it'll be a better guitar that Gibson could make.

Archived