Gibson Brands Forums

A LP I never seen !!!! Help !!!!!

msak24cardss

Oh, sorry, misread that statement. The Gibson-shape headstock may indicate it is Japanese in origin, and the no binding anywhere would probably be a by-product of the gold finish covering the whole body.

Who knows? [biggrin]

The apparent lack of normal inlays is interesting, though.

That's all if it even is a modded Standard like Hungrycat says. :-k

It was on the Nashville craigslist some time ago. (It's got to be the same one.I mean, how many of these are there?)

The seller claimed that a friend had spent a ridiculous amount of money modding a standard in to what you see.

I've never seen this LP before. Is it Custom or homemade? I can pick it up for $375.00 Is it worth it?

Thanks Mike

BulHsrCGkKGrHqQOKkEvPnWIPpBM873QrEg.jpg

I can see that the Fretboard Inlay says "Epiphone" (that took some work), but the

Black and White "Racing Decal" ruins it for me. Without it, might look like a Goldtop

Studio (other than the Headstock shape). It looks like someone put a lot of labor

into a re-do, but ultimately made it a bit undesireable.

At max magnification, I can't really see the back of tuners well enough - they LOOK

like the "mass-produced" kind on an LP Special II...?

Top will HAVE to be refinished. Not worth $375, maybe 150 IF git is solidly built,

but who wants to spend big bux on a project? Make offer, politely explain reasoning,

wait and see - maybe seller will contact you unless someone out there actually likes

the stripe....

That things been of the Vegas Craigslist too! I'm sure it was some sort of promotional model that was made by Epiphone ... remember the Pirates SG and all of the other promo Epi's?

Anyone who is claiming that they "created" this thing is not only a liar, but essentially bragging to the world that they have crappy taste!

Geeze ....

Jim

Archived