Gibson Brands Forums

Refret

ToneGuy65

I just dropped my prized Les paul classic off To be refretted its been played constantly since 94ish. Its also having a good set up and cleaning 500$ man that really hurt. Thank god my Epi and my 74 Lp are good to go. It just seems

like a lot of money. Baloney for lunch for the next few months.

K

Oh well some overtime should cover it. It is my Favorite AXE and I want It done right So I just gota suck it up.

So

220 for the frets with tax 240 Labor has to be at least 150 So thats 400 with strings then the set up and cleaning So its really not bad at ALL

K

I've had three guitars (acoustics) refretted, each time it was $150-$175. A set up should be about $75, more if issues are discovered. So I would have hoped to get that work done for $300. If your guy is really good, and you know it'll come out the way you want it, $500 hurts but you won't have regrets about the quality of the work.

No links to speak of I did 2 tours on the east coast about 12 years ago seems like a life time.

And I work nights at my friends Studio when I can He does Demos for up and coming bands.

I mostly play with them for Timing issues during the recording and im not on the finished product.

K

Forgive me if I remember wrong' date=' but didn't you knock the headstock off of that one in the process?[/quote']

Yes an old repair wasn't executed very well! Once I repaired the headstock break correctly, levelled and polished the frets I fitted it played like butter.

Archived