Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 57 pickups are F****ING AWESOME!!!!

alans056

Hi all

I installed the Gibson 57 pickups on my Epiphone LP Custom (replacing the stock pick ups) and it is just ****ING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy sh***!!!!!!!! Worth every DIME I spent.

The sound is SO CLEAR!!! So Bright: And so "warm" at the same time!!! Add Reverb and some Overdrive, you're going to ROCK IT OUTTTTTT BABY!!!!!!!!!

Don't believe me ?

Here is a video I made.

Keep in mind it's NOTHING compared to if you were actually there to hear it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWOkiZQXcpU

Didn't see you hit the pup switch once .... which pup was that ??? Both ??? Bridge ??? You should've switched between all 3 positions if you're going to demo something and proclaim their ******* awesomeness. Not to be a Richard, but I can get my stock Epi pups to sound a LOT like that with a $30 eq pedal .... just saying. If you're happy with them, then that's cool.

Congrats!!! And nice little demo[cool]

Personally the newer Gibson humbucker pups are a bit muddy for me. I like the Tim Shaw era and the mid 70's Gibson pups. IMO they just seem to cut through better, and can almost emulate those neck position strat tones.

I also like the late 70's early 80's Dimarzio SuperD pups.... Still don't know why they are called SuperD's[confused] ....

selector was on Treble (bridge). I forgot switching' date=' its a pitty yes :/[/quote']

Thought it sounded a lil "harsh," but ..... am sure a lot of that is due to recording/Youtube/my cheap comp speakers playing it back. I'm sure they are indeed a WHOLE lot better than the stockers... was just yankin' your chain a lil :- Some day/one day, I'll upgrade mine, but lately I've been using my BMG with TriSonic single coils a LOT[cool]

i've got nothing but love for those pickups, i put them in my epiphone dot and it was instant magic, the neck pickup in particular sounded considerably less muddy, and you get way more DYNAMICS! i've got 57 classics in my new gibson sg 61 reissue aswell, and it sounds quite similar to the epiphone dot (a bit clearer/sharper, but not by much) while i'm on the topic of the 61 reissue sg (which i'm absolutely in love with by the way) do you guys know if it comes equipped with a 57 classic in the bridge? as far as i can tell they're both 57 classics, would be good to get this cleared up!

Congrats!!! And nice little demo[cool]

Personally the newer Gibson humbucker pups are a bit muddy for me. I like the Tim Shaw era and the mid 70's Gibson pups. IMO they just seem to cut through better' date=' and can almost emulate those neck position strat tones.

I also like the late 70's early 80's Dimarzio SuperD pups.... Still don't know why they are called SuperD's[confused'] ....

'57 Classics are NOT muddy #-o

Archived