Gibson Brands Forums

Sometimes taking a gamble pays off Custom LP

msak24cardss

I know alot of you out there think this guitar is butt ugly. But let me tell you now that I have it in my hands,

I believe its the real deal. This is not a home made project. I've heard that sometimes Gibson and Epi take blems and paint them all gold. I would say this was grabbed by a employee and customized like this. It seams to have a high gloss top coat and no flaws at all.

Your thoughts?

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Your first sentence was correct ... butt ugly!

No, it's not a homemade project nor is it one-of-a-kind. That thing has been all over on Craigslists across the country. That Gibson headstock would either indicate Japanese origin or an out-and-out fake. If it's genuine, I'd suspect it's a promo guitar of some sort.

Anyway ... none of this matters. I have several guitars that others might consider "butt ugly" Enjoy your guitar!

Jim

These were my last 3 Epi LP's and it plays and sound much better then any of them. Nobody would fake a guitar like this, thats for sure. I'd like to refinsh it but the gold coat is done really good. And it would be a shame to take away its uniqueness.

Goldtop.jpg

EpiLesPaul20038.jpg

EpiLesPaul19977.jpg

Nobody would fake a guitar like this' date=' thats for sure. I'd like to refinsh it but the gold coat is done really good. And it would be a shame to take away its uniqueness.[/quote']

Rule 1: Nuthin' is 'for sure'!

Rule 2: Destroying 'uniqueness' IS a 'shame'

So, if you love her 'uniqueness'... keep her that way... but if you are 'sure' that you want to refinish her...

Refer Rule 1[biggrin]

The first batch of Chinese fakes a few years ago had the same headstock shape, there were also a few with the Epiphone inlay in the neck. Why would Epiphone make a "promotional" guitar with a different shaped headstock anyway?! [biggrin]

I know alot of you out there think this guitar is butt ugly. But let me tell you now that I have it in my hands' date='

I believe its the real deal. This is not a home made project. I've heard that sometimes Gibson and Epi take blems and paint them all gold. I would say this was grabbed by a employee and customized like this. It seams to have a high gloss top coat and no flaws at all.

Your thoughts?

[img']http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/msak24cards/Picture001.jpg[/img]

Picture003.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Post these photos over at MyLesPaul.com and the experts over there will be able to tell you if it is a fake or not.

Post these photos over at MyLesPaul.com and the experts over there will be able to tell you if it is a fake or not.

Whats wrong with the experts here?

I mean come on, just look at it! How the hell can anyone think that is real? :-

Archived