Gibson Brands Forums

PR-100 Question

Hi, I'm new to the forums (this is my first post) so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place or something, but does anybody know how to date a PR-100? Also, can somebody give me some background on it? I bought one a couple of years ago for $50 at a music store and never really looked into it. From what I can tell it's a PR-100 M/NS, s/n 96090004, and it's full mahogany. I'm guessing '96 is the year it was made? Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...

First PR-100 was actually made in 97, they are all laminate, mahogany back/side, natural finish some also had a Ash top called the PR-100A.Ship

Hi, I saw a PR-100 M/NS which serial number is 96070***.

so, it means it's made in 1996

other strange things, it doesn't have the E logo on the pickguard, nor "Gibson" written vertically on the headstock.

any reasonable explanantion to that?

what could be the value of it if it's in mint conditions?

Hi, I saw a PR-100 M/NS which serial number is 96070***.

so, it means it's made in 1996

other strange things, it doesn't have the E logo on the pickguard, nor "Gibson" written vertically on the headstock.

any reasonable explanantion to that?

what could be the value of it if it's in mint conditions?

Worth about $50, they cost $100 brand new

Must be a popular used item these days. I just picked up a PR-100 on eBay, serial #G00090652. Any information would be appreciated. I didn't recognize the G prefix serial number.

that's a lovely looking guitar - has the finish been removed or is it just a light spray?

It's NS= natural Satin. I also love this kind of look in a guitar. I kind of hate the fake glossy shining colours they tend to use. Plus, NS it's supposed to sound better (don't know if it's really true)

Archived