Gibson Brands Forums

Dimarzio Pickup Question

markerdown

F-Spaced stands for "Fender" spaced, and alternatively, Floyd Rose. They are a bit wider than standard spaced bridges. You want the standard spaced PUP. But many people say that it doesnt really make a difference if you put an F-spaced PUP on a standard spaced guitar - hence, "when in doubt, F-space".

Obviously, the string spacing is wider at the bridge pickup than at the neck. Some makers address this with wider spaced pole pieces in their neck models, but not all. A slight misalignment will not adversely affect performance. There are many guitars with two identically spaced pickups in both positions, such as the venerable Gibson ES-335, for example (and in that case, two identical pickups, period).

Get the F-Spaced.

I was told the F-space was a Fender thing but for some reason it carried over to the 'other brand' guitars as well.

Still wish I had insisted on it.

100_1512.jpg

By the way that is the DP-100cr, also known as a Super Distortion (Creme)

It's Bad ***!

You'll Love It

-Yes it is. Trembucker is just Duncan's version of DiMarzio's F-Spaced p'ups. What I was told by Steve Bucher (at least that's what I think his last name is) from DiMarzio, is that most Epis use the F-Spaced p'ups as does most Gibsons that have the 500T stock in the bridge. The easiest way to tell if the Sheraton needs the F-Spaced is to just grab a small ruler. This is where a standard 6" steel rule comes in handy. If the string spacing at the bridge measures just under 2", it's a standard spaced p'up. If it measures just over 2", then F-Spaced or Trembucker is the one you need.

-Btw, markerdown. Love the 'Cuda pic in your sig. I grew up on Mopars. My Uncle had one the same color, but his was a USA1 Cuda. My firs car was a '74 Roadrunner. And my parents both had '68 Barracuda Fastbacks.

L8R,

Matt

By the way that is the DP-100cr' date=' also known as a Super Distortion (Creme)

It's Bad ***!

You'll Love It

[/quote']

Yes, that's the one I'm looking at to put in the bridge of my LP, and leave the seth in the neck. I may swap out the caps too :-)

yeah, mopars are another addiction I suffer from

Archived