Gibson Brands Forums

Here's one I've never seen

pohatu771

It look like a non-scroll version of the Scroll guitars. Appears to be tiny, too. The seller claims it's all original, but I'm guessing that the non-Bigsby was added and that it originally had a wraparound bridge. Who would put the selector switch in that position if the Bigsby was stock?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Solid-Body-Japan-70s-Maple-Matsumoku-Made-/320558383091?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item4aa2c4bff3

......I'm guessing that the non-Bigsby was added and that it originally had a wraparound bridge. Who would put the selector switch in that position if the Bigsby was stock?

Truly !!! [biggrin] 'tis a funky guitar, but don't know if I could be bothered with the switch position.

If you had enough talent to add a Bigsby couldn't you move the switch?

Installing a Bigsby involves drilling 4 small holes' date=' and screwing the Bigsby down.

Moving a switch involves drilling a large hole, and likely filling the old one if you don't want it to look like shite. Not to mention potentially routing a new switch cavity.

I've installed a few Bigsbys myself, but I flat refuse to fill a hole in a guitar that I'm not already going to refinish. [biggrin

I am a fan of Bigsby ingenuity though, the tone knob on my explorer just barely fits into the contours of the B5 :-$

Archived