Gibson Brands Forums

the pro series continues

wardog

not sure if this has been mentioned!!!

went into the local gc for some new strings and saw the wilshire PRO guitars. they had 2 instore. one was alpine white and the other was a sunburst( little darker than normal). they had full size humbuckers loke the other pro's (chrome covered) and of course they were tappable. they reminded me of the first wilshire release that was alpine white. these did not seem as if they had quality control issues and sounded very nice. I did feel a big difference in the weight of each guitar. the white was lighter, actually the white one was very light.

The fit and finish was great!!!!!!! I can see getting the guitar for the body and neck and modding it to a really nice player.

my only hang up was the knobs. they did not seem to fit the style of the guitars. black plastic with silver sticker top that had a red line on it to indictate setting level. they look cheap and would be replaced quickly.

The inlays was blocks and very nice, neck was nice and thin compared to a lp and the weight was very nice after playing them. the neck is a set configuration just like the wishire. at 299 they would be perfect candiates for some nice modded upgrades.

and for the lp fans, there is an ebony color with same style as the wine red one. high gloss on face , but satin on sides, neck and back. it was just as good as the wine red. same price too 499.99

sorry , could not find pics of the wilshire pro, it looks excatly like the wilshire, with cheaper looking knobs#-o

I really want a blue one. I forget what the official colour name is...

By the way, those knobs (from how you describe them, anyway) are the original Epiphone knobs a 60s Wilshire would have had.

[EDIT] I just checked Musician's Friend... the blue is Pelham Blue, to correct myself, with the green being Aged Pelham. Curiously, those two just have black/silver reflector knobs. The Ebony and Alpine White are the only ones with the vintage-style knobs.

By the way' date=' those knobs (from how you describe them, anyway) are the original Epiphone knobs a 60s Wilshire would have had.

quote']

that makes sense. it reminded me of the danolectric knobs

not sure if this has been mentioned!!!

went into the local gc for some new strings and saw the wilshire PRO guitars. they had 2 instore. one was alpine white and the other was a sunburst( little darker than normal). they had full size humbuckers loke the other pro's (chrome covered) and of course they were tappable. they reminded me of the first wilshire release that was alpine white. these did not seem as if they had quality control issues and sounded very nice. I did feel a big difference in the weight of each guitar. the white was lighter' date=' actually the white one was very light.

The fit and finish was great!!!!!!! I can see getting the guitar for the body and neck and modding it to a really nice player.

my only hang up was the knobs. they did not seem to fit the style of the guitars. black plastic with silver sticker top that had a red line on it to indictate setting level. they look cheap and would be replaced quickly.

The inlays was blocks and very nice, neck was nice and thin compared to a lp and the weight was very nice after playing them. the neck is a set configuration just like the wishire. at 299 they would be perfect candiates for some nice modded upgrades.

and for the lp fans, there is an ebony color with same style as the wine red one. high gloss on face , but satin on sides, neck and back. it was just as good as the wine red. same price too 499.99

sorry , could not find pics of the wilshire pro, it looks excatly like the wilshire, with cheaper looking knobs#-o [/quote']

If you finally get one, I'll trade you those cheamp amp knobs anyday with any knobs you want! ^^

And if by any chance there are actual Epiphone people who read this, I'm asking if those knobs are available as parts.

Thanks ^^

Archived