Gibson Brands Forums

Schenker Flying V

M1sha

Aren't they the same guitar?

No ... I guess not. The one you are looking at has one less knob and a different picjguard. I thought Schenker has a deal with Dean guitars ... no thoughts on the one you're after ... sorry.

Jim

Aren't they the same guitar?

No ... I guess not. The one you are looking at has one less knob and a different picjguard. I thought Schenker has a deal with Dean guitars ... no thoughts on the one you're after ... sorry.

Jim

Thank you for your help

Anybody with specifications???

That is most likely a heavily modded Epiphone Flying V.

I don't remember ever seing a Schenker model and, in any case, as Jim said Schenker uses Deans (nowadays).

Of course, I could be wrong. But then, I could be right. [biggrin]

It was a "Guitar of the Month" in 2005

It never was mentioned as a M.Schenker sign.

http://www.epiphone.com/press/gom.html

Peter

Thanks for letting us know, Peter.

However, the guitar that M1sha posted does not look like the one you mentioned.

The knobs are wrong and out of place.

I now wonder about whether that guitar is actually an Epi or just a fake copy painted in an odd way.

In any case, I don't think that is stock.

I agree with Peter.

It's not a Gibson' date=' and it's not an Epi either.

At least by looking at the knobs.[/quote']

It is an epiphone, just an older one. I remember trying to get my epi flying V and had a bit of trouble NOT getting the 2 knob version (all the shops seemed to only have that one).

I do believe that you will be able to see a picture of a 2 knobbed V in the epi brochure 2003/4 (cant remember).

[blink]

EDIT: Found it, http://www.epiphone.com/images/Sumr03Cat.pdf check out page 17

It is an epiphone' date=' just an older one. I remember trying to get my epi flying V and had a bit of trouble NOT getting the 2 knob version (all the shops seemed to only have that one).

I do believe that you will be able to see a picture of a 2 knobbed V in the epi brochure 2003/4 (cant remember).

[confused

EDIT: Found it, http://www.epiphone.com/images/Sumr03Cat.pdf check out page 17

Thank you Rhinobean.

You may have a point.

It may be the same guitar, a 67 Flying V as oposed to a 58.

In any case, then it was probably modded.

I don't know.

It just doesn't look right to me.

In my personal opinion, I think Epiphone only made the 'true' Schenker V as part of the Guitar of the month promotion in 2005 as paruwi6172 pointed out (although it has no reference to Schenker, it pretty much is as close as epiphone will get to his guitar), and the guitar in post #12 is simply an older model 1967 V with a modded paint job.

In my personal opinion' date=' I think Epiphone only made the 'true' Schenker V as part of the Guitar of the month promotion in 2005 as paruwi6172 pointed out (although it has no reference to Schenker, it pretty much is as close as epiphone will get to his guitar), and the guitar in post #12 is simply an older model 1967 V with a modded paint job.[/quote']

Yep, I think it's modded 1967 Flying V.

Archived