Gibson Brands Forums

EJ300 ?

duxrus

Don't know why they stopped but I like my EJ300SCE too!

There have been comments about them not being as loud as the EJ200's but mine is plenty loud enough. Great tone too.

Perhaps the body was bit big for most people?

Digger

Don't know why they stopped but I like my EJ300SCE too!

There have been comments about them not being as loud as the EJ200's but mine is plenty loud enough. Great tone too.

Perhaps the body was bit big for most people?

Digger My EJ300SCE is the quietest guitar I have out of 7 guitars I'm not happy with it.

Probably couldn't sell them for the price. I don't think the EJ-200's are flying out the door for the price they are asking, and the EJ-300 cost more. I've got the 200, and love it, but would rather have a 300. Some 200's are loud, and some are not, I think it depends on setup more than anything....

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly sure why they stopped making these. I may be wrong, but as far as I know the 300s were the same as the 200s, except the 300s had a SOLID spruce top instead of laminate. I wanted to get one a few years ago, but by the time I was ready to buy they didn't make 'em anymore! I think sometimes Gibson gets nervous when Epi puts out a guitar that is somewhat close to being as good as the real deal Gibson. (but then again, I am also a fan of conspiracy theories. [wink] )

• 11 months later...

Some people think it's because the EJ300 actually sounded so good, it was threat to the sound of the much more expensive Gibson models. I mean, can you honestly say you wouldn't try and replace your EJ300 if something happened to it? Maybe Gibson thought it was too good for Epiphone

quit screaming!

the EJ300 was a solid top, but the top was really thin and production quality wasn't the best. Check out the threads about the EJ200 around here, word is the tops are solid again, just get one of those.

My EJ300c had a thick top and the volume is the least of any guitar i ever had or heard.

The EJ 100, 200 and 300 are essentially the same guitar with certain cosmetic and soudboard differences.

A SJ300 is a SJ200 with more bling .

Probably the SJ300 was just too expensive the the Epiphone market.

The EJ 100, 200 and 300 are essentially the same guitar with certain cosmetic and soudboard differences.

A SJ300 is a SJ200 with more bling .

Probably the SJ300 was just too expensive the the Epiphone market.

The EJ-200 Artist and EJ-200 have maple bodies and necks. The EJ-300 has a rosewood body and (usually) a mahogany neck, so the difference is more than bling, laminated/solid top aside.

Red 333

• 2 weeks later...

My EJ 200 is a lot louder but tone not the best.

How old is your EJ? I have a 2010 modle and it has a solid spruce top. Also do you still have the original plastic nut and saddle or have you upgraded to bone? The swap will make a big difference in tone and sustain. Probably more important than the difference between the solid or laminate top.

Archived