Gibson Brands Forums

Amp Destruction

chase1410

So yesterday i was just sitting on my computer watchn some gearmanndude, and my Luther Drive was coming today as well, so just sitting drinking my coffee, and then, my dog comes in. I put the coffee down on my desk, and payed some attention to my dog..She then gets excited and bumps into my desk, spilling my coffee, straight onto my peavey classic 30...Hitting it in the exact spot so it soaked through all the knobs, got all into the back, completely washing my tubes and speaker..I quickly run to get a towel or shirt, cursing up a storm, and attempted to dry it out, but to no avail...The amp is completely done, tried drying it out with fans, and it wont even make ta noise, ( the tubes and pilot light still light up). And this is the only amp available to me at this point. My class 5 is in the shop, and wont be done for a few weeks. God I was angry, its like withdrawling from drugs when you cant simply play guitar to relax your self..So i had to buy an amp..I didnt have enough money to out and pay for an amp all at once, so i went to american musical and did a payment plan on an Egnater Tweaker...It should be hear monday..So its going to be 6 days without playing guitar, and im bummed...its going to be a long week..

That's why it pays to always have at least one acoustic...

God i know...My first guitar was a Takamine Jasmine, but sold it because it had a couple dead spots, and didn't want to deal with it..But yea a nice acoustic would be a godsend right now.

I have a Micro Cube strictly for playing and writing at home.

it was a Gimme that a friend of mine some how wound up with two and gave me one.

My big boys toys only come out for rehearsal, recording, or shows.

That being said, it is always sad to lose a piece of gear to the fates. [crying]

I almost lost BOTH the Bassman and the Kustom at a show due to a dirty power / surge.

thankfully they were cheap parts that sacrificed themselves for the greater good.

Can't tell you how many pedals I have F'd completely by spilling liquid.

Archived