Gibson Brands Forums

Headstock Inlay

Southpaw

It's like that on lefties only.

Reminds me...I wish Epi didn't cut the top corners of their headstocks. My EB-3 SG bass isn't cut nor is my DR-500MCE...does it have something to do with looking to much like Gibson's open book?

I'm curious if any of you have seen a similar looking inlay in a Les Paul headstock. Typically the gap in the letters p and o is on the top. My guitar was made in 2006 at the DaeWon factory. (serial # DW06013XXX)

headstock.jpg

Well, lets see, I'll throw 2 headstock photos out there -

First made at DaeWoo in 2006, second made at QingDao in 2008

in China. Both are from Legit Dealers.

2 different factories. Just something to look at for comparison

of Epiphone inlay at top. With yours, this makes 3 different heastocks

to compare...

100_0468.jpg

100_0203.jpg

Hmmmmmmm......

It's like that on lefties only.

This was my first thought too, but I checked some pics of other lefty Epiphones and they all have the gap on top. My Epiphones all have the gap on top but they also have different fonts, so I guess they just change the looks of the logo from time to time to some extent.

I'm curious if any of you have seen a similar looking inlay in a Les Paul headstock. Typically the gap in the letters p and o is on the top. My guitar was made in 2006 at the DaeWon factory. (serial # DW06013XXX)

headstock.jpg

epiinlaycopy.jpg

my gold top is the same way and its right handed

I just checked my 3 lefty's,

2010 dot, 2009 G400, & 2008 Les Paul Standard plus top and all have the O space on the top!

but the Dot does have a different looking logo compared to the other 2.

sorry, I just noticed my dot is the same as the photo above with the p's space on the bottom!

Archived