Gibson Brands Forums

It was forty four years ago today

jaxson50

Aug 29th 1966, Candlestick Stadium in S.F. Cal the best seats were $6.50! There were 42,500 seats, the only sold 25,000 seats, just before leaving the stage Lennon strummed the intro to "In My Life" then walk away.. [thumbup]

http://www.rarebeatles.com/photopg7/kya.htm

George once told an interviewer that the most he was paid as a Beatle for a concert was $25,000.00.... They were at the time the highest paid act..In nine years the Beatle did 1,400 live shows

Just three years later Jimi Hendrix demanded and earned $175,000.00 per show above what the other band members earned making him the highest paid entertainer at the time...

Ticket options were up to $2000 VIP, standing in front of him.

$1500 for the next level.

All tickets are expensive nowadays, generally speaking they have to make money somehow because the music industry is collapsing and there is no money on records, people buy a single song and not albums and you can't add eggs to your Faberge collection with that kind of money.

I just went to see Tom Petty as an invited guest and the face value of my ticket was $125. Very good seats but not the best available.

I just went to see Tom Petty as an invited guest and the face value of my ticket was $125. Very good seats but not the best available.

Well all that means is that the first Mrs. Petty didn't have a very good attorney. B)

Archived