Gibson Brands Forums

SWD $1500, must resist...

Danner

Well, I just shot him an e-mail, so, it's like cocking the hammer. Must resist pulling the trigger ;-)

OTOH, a mahogany TVSJ and a rosewood SWD with LR Baggs set-up would be a pretty versatile combination of Gibsons.

Well, I just shot him an e-mail, so, it's like cocking the hammer. Must resist pulling the trigger ;-)

OTOH, a mahogany TVSJ and a rosewood SWD with LR Baggs set-up would be a pretty versatile combination of Gibsons.

Indeed it would be a fine pair. Let us know what you decide. Good luck.

I talked to the seller. He doesn't know where is wife bought it last year. And he tells me he has the guitar set-up every time he changes strings, including the bridge, the truss rod, and lubricating the frets. I asked him who did all that, and he couldn't remember the name of the shop. He says he is very experienced player, but prefers his HD-28 and a few of the J-45's to this guitar.

You know, it's like, well WTF?!?

I talked to the seller. He doesn't know where is wife bought it last year. And he tells me he has the guitar set-up every time he changes strings, including the bridge, the truss rod, and lubricating the frets. I asked him who did all that, and he couldn't remember the name of the shop. He says he is very experienced player, but prefers his HD-28 and a few of the J-45's to this guitar.

You know, it's like, well WTF?!?

So, his wife bought it but he does not know where from. Nor does he know who changes his strings. :blink:

He must be really famous or it's nicked.

So, his wife bought it but he does not know where from. Nor does he know who changes his strings. :blink:

He must be really famous or it's nicked.

He sounds like a real winner. I would stay away from that one regardless of price.

One point about SWDs is that they are a long way from having cult status compared to say a J45 or SJ200 etc. Consequently, second hand prices are likely to be good, (from a buyer's perspective) especially in today's market.

If it were me, I would leave this one as I don't like the smell. That's not to say it is not genuine of course.

Have a good hunt around and you'll find one that's clean with no baggage. It will be time well spent IMHO.

Re Wily's last post - if you can pick up a good used one for around $1,200+, that's fantastic value.

Archived