Gibson Brands Forums

White Wilshire-Stupid Deal $169 @ Musicians Friend

mbrooks0711

Does anyone know why the white ones are less expensive than the other colors? Obviously I'm not meaning the Tennessee made white one but the other one. At least, that's how the gibson website shows it. And $169 just seems ridiculously inexpensive for a guitar that has the possibility of playing nice. What gives?

Does anyone know why the white ones are less expensive than the other colors? Obviously I'm not meaning the Tennessee made white one but the other one. At least, that's how the gibson website shows it. And $169 just seems ridiculously inexpensive for a guitar that has the possibility of playing nice. What gives?

No demand for the white ones ??? [biggrin]

Got it today. It's fair, likely a great guitar for the price. Had a couple runs in the paint. Truss rod needs to be tweeked but sounds good. I will have more time to try it out this weekend and hope it keeps growing on me. It's a good looking guitar, kind of like the all white.

Saw it, thought about it, decided I couldn't justify buying another guitar no matter the price...especially on a whim. Wasn't really thinking about a Wilshire myself but congrats to those who were able to do the deal.

It was nice to see MF actually put something decent out as a Stupid Deal of the Day...mostly been gig bags and cables.

Rob

I'd like to hear more about it.

The Gibson website shows these wilshires two different times with two different prices. For some reason the white one is not on the same page as the other 3 colors. Two wood colors and red or something like that. And the MSRP is about $200 less for the white. I wonder what the distinction is. Actually, I noticed the pups are actually normal size on the white and not "mini" as compared to the other colors. That might have something to do with it.

I'm actually pretty interested in this guitar. I like white in guitars for some reason. But I'm actually more interested in the one with the mini buckers.

But I'm interested to hear how you like this one.

I'd like to hear more about it.

The Gibson website shows these wilshires two different times with two different prices. For some reason the white one is not on the same page as the other 3 colors. Two wood colors and red or something like that. And the MSRP is about $200 less for the white. I wonder what the distinction is. Actually, I noticed the pups are actually normal size on the white and not "mini" as compared to the other colors. That might have something to do with it.

I'm actually pretty interested in this guitar. I like white in guitars for some reason. But I'm actually more interested in the one with the mini buckers.

But I'm interested to hear how you like this one.

The white ones were originally made in 2006 and were a Music123 exclusive. After the initial run, they were reintroduced and other stores started selling them as well. The white finish and block markers made it look more like a Crestwood than a Wilshire IMO.

The Faded Wilshire series have mini humbuckers which are way better IMO than the generic humbuckers on the white one, plus they're more historically accurate.

The Wilshire Pro series have some way cool colors, but they went back to humbuckers (albeit with single coil option via push/pull pots).

I bought one of the white ones when they first came out, it was made by DaeWon in China, it was OK but the hardware (bridge & tailpiece) was not very good, the chrome finish was pitted. I have a Faded, it's way better, again IMO.

I played the Pro in a Guitar Center just to compare it to my Faded, the neck on the Pro was really fat. Didn't like it at all. I didn't plug it on, so I won't comment on the pickups other than to say Wilshire should have Minis. But I love the knobs on the Pro.

I vote for the Faded.

Yes, they are all gone even on ebay. They were the LTD edition. I bought 2..they are real nice for a china. They are custom shop which means that Gibson has luthiers overlooking the build. Truthfully they are very nice quality. Maybe I will put one up for bids?

post-23966-085468000 1283550393_thumb.jpg

post-23966-019778000 1283550402_thumb.jpg

post-23966-073560000 1283550411_thumb.jpg

post-23966-060515900 1283550421_thumb.jpg

Yes, they are all gone even on ebay. They were the LTD edition. I bought 2..they are real nice for a china. They are custom shop which means that Gibson has luthiers overlooking the build. Truthfully they are very nice quality. Maybe I will put one up for bids?

To the best of my knowledge they did that one day sale to get them gone so they can start being a true limited edition. What good is a LTD if they are still around. Epiphone was quite about these wilshire models since they built them. Not a real big push on them. Mine are good. They all have that whip neck/bendy neck thing like the original ones. My chrome and finish are very good to my eyes.

Archived