Gibson Brands Forums

Symbols on the new Forum

KL

There are all these symbols on the new forum and I have no idea what they all mean. Is there a key that explains them somewhere?

For example I started a thread in the Acoustic forum yesterday entitled J-185. Now it has a little padlock next to it and a faded orange icon next to it. What do these things mean. It does not appear to be locked (which is what a padlock suggests to me) and if it is locked then WHY? There is nothing rude or offensive posted there . . . just some great pictures of J-185's and some interesting comments.

Also, I was on another computer, not logged in, and I could access the Lounge Area... might wanna check that out

Admins changed that one or forgot about it, but guest are allowed to access the lounge. IMO, it should open to guest, or one shouldn't have to log in to view all the forums

2 gripes.

1, it sucks that I can't review a topic simply by hovering the cursor over the topic instead of having to hit a teeny icon on the far side of the monitor.

2, it sucks that I have to scroll down to "add my post" and navigate past less useful command icons.

FWIW.

No I'm talking about the ones down the left hand side, like folders, and also the little orange ones just before the title of some threads. There seem to be symbols EVERYWHERE!

And what does that little padlock next to the little orange symbol in my J-185 thread in the acoustic forum mean?

I think you are seeing a paperclip (attachments indicator?) - is there a picture in the thread?

Oh . . . yes you are right it is a paperclip. I thought it looked like a little padlock!!

Duh!

There are lots of pictures in the thread, but not in my initial post.

There's a legend at the bottom of the page that sorta describes the icons. It seems to me like there's an icon missing... The "hot topic" unread folder specifically.

I don't see a padlock on your J-185 topic tho.

Thank you I have found that now. Turns out it's a paperclip, not a padlock, but it looked like a little padlock to me!

Archived