Gibson Brands Forums

Orange amps

euclid

I have also heard very good things about Orange, and would like a TT. I have one problem with it though: Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they now made in China? That in and of itself is not a big deal to me, but I have not seen a price on them that corresponds with Chinese-made products...still damn pricey.

I agree they are pricey but you are not only paying for quality but brand name as well. The QC from my limited experience and from talking with other owners is very good on the Chinese made products. I don't really want to get into the pros and cons of foriegn made products here but if Orange were to produce the TT in Great Britian it would cost twice as much. They do make a hand-wired version of the TT. Orange is doing what a lot of other gear maker are doing and thats producing a good product and holding down the cost as much as possible allowing as many people as possible to own a quality product. Orange is as close to a custom shop amp maker as they come without being one. I think what they did with the TT and later Crush series was to make their brand more excessible to working class or begining musicians. Some on the forum might have a difference of opinion on that and thats ok. This is just mine. The bottom line though is that Orange did creat something of a trend by offering a good sounding and well built all tube toaster size amp head which has multiple applications. Most major amp makers have followed this trend by doing the same.

I have also heard very good things about Orange, and would like a TT. I have one problem with it though: Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they now made in China? That in and of itself is not a big deal to me, but I have not seen a price on them that corresponds with Chinese-made products...still damn pricey.

You can find um used at resonable price.

Archived