Gibson Brands Forums

Orange amps

euclid

Anyone one on the forum play through an orange? I am currently saving up for the orange tiny terror with a matching orange 1x12. I know oranges are not everyones cup of tea but I love the sound of these amps. Orange basically launched the trend of toaster size low watt all tube amps with the lunch of the TT because now it seems a large # of other amp manufacturers have jumped on the band wagon with their own versions and there are some really cool sounding little amps out there besides the previously mentioned orange.

I had an Orange Tiny Terror but sold it! It was like a 2 Stroke Engine... All or nothing!.. They are a great little Amp! Really Really loud too!!! Wasn't the sound I was after so it had to go!

Regards :unsure:

Well, if you want that sound, they are heaven. If you don't you won't like it. Like the broad answer?

I got hooked on their sound about 6 years ago after seeing Fireball Ministry for the first time. The rhythm guitar player uses one and it looked like she was running very few if any effects. I was maybe 15 feet away from the stage so I heard the amp really good and could not help but be impressed with how great the amp sounded. Since I have noticed quite a few bands that are now using Orange amps which is not a bad thing. I also did a little digging and found out several other band I'm a big fan of have recorded and tour with Orange gear. So ive been listening to them for years and didn't know it. Lol and no I don't count the early Sabbath videos although that was the first time I do remembering seeing an Orange amp I just had no idea what it was.

It was like a 2 Stroke Engine... All or nothing!

Great reference - lost on our younger generation unfortunately.

I've played a bit through a couple of the big ones with a 4x12 cabinet.

Very cool, but I can't say I learned anything other than that.

Very LOUD and very expensive here in the USA, but very cool.

I've played a bunch of them and they are great amps. Also, I'm sure they'll be selling a lot more bass amps because Geddy Lee is using them exclusively now. I think it's his best sound since the Moving Pictures album. Check out the 4:12 and and 5:27 marks of Caravan (raw power!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btoEgIlhbUc

I have a TT. Love it. Simple amp, great tone. However, I already had a blues junior, which I use for cleans. Not sure I would have bought a TT if I didn't have the Blues Junior.

FYI...my Les Paul loves the TT. My tele, though, sounds like crap through it.

I also own an Orange TT. I really like it. It's great for practice and small gigs or jam sessions. You can get decent cleans thru it just keep the gain down as low as you can and use your volume knob on your guitar. It gets pretty loud even on the 7 watt setting so I recommend a larger playing area than a small bedroom. Great blues tone can be achieved and when the gain is close to maxed out you can play hard rock and some metal. I play mine thru a Genz-Benz 2 x 12 but I will probably get the Orange 1 x 12 with the Celestion V-30 in it for more portability for small jam sessions. If you like the tone I recommend you get it.

Rewd.

I also own an Orange TT. I really like it. It's great for practice and small gigs or jam sessions. You can get decent cleans thru it just keep the gain down as low as you can and use your volume knob on your guitar. It gets pretty loud even on the 7 watt setting so I recommend a larger playing area than a small bedroom. Great blues tone can be achieved and when the gain is close to maxed out you can play hard rock and some metal. I play mine thru a Genz-Benz 2 x 12 but I will probably get the Orange 1 x 12 with the Celestion V-30 in it for more portability for small jam sessions. If you like the tone I recommend you get it.

Rewd.

I like your avatar [love]

Archived