Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Studio 1950's Tribute Electric Guitar

GibsonAlmighty

Yep - way high now that they are out there in numbers. It isn't the CB that is hot anyway. But any model at almost double what a store gets is a bit much...especially to wait 4 to 6 weeks.

Well, if he has the guitar, it's his right to sell it for whatever he can get. And the Buyer's right not to pay that much if they don't feel it's worth it to them. Thing is, this guy is selling preorders AFAIK. And since no one is guaranteeing delivery, he can't either. Ant yet I think he's sold a few at this price (which is about the actual list price for these, which no one pays). I know he says it's guaranteed. But if he can't deliver, he'll obviously just refund the money (I'd be leery about buying anything on eBay that wouldn't be delivered right away, let alone this 4-6 week B.S., which could be stretched to put you outside the 45 day window to file a claim with eBay).

And I don't think he should be able to sell merchandise not in hand at an auction site.

For those of you in the UK, of course it's more. You've got a 17% VAT. And there is the cost of importation. Not to mention the cost of maintaining a dealer network over there (I highly doubt Gibson will be shipping these to Nashville from the UK for warranty work). And the exchange rate (which fluctuates, and since the product is based on US Dollars, there will be a built in "pad" to protect the local Sellers if the exchange rate should get worse for them before they pay for the guitars). And on and on. Yep, way more expensive over there. Im sure other new Gibsons are too. Just the way of the world.

I don't think I would sell mine that easily, it took some doing to get,Thanks T, But, maybe down the road who knows what they'll be asking.. Espicially when people realize they won't be getting one.

Which always leaves me back to the same question, how many will be sold?msp_confused.gif

Good question. AFAIK, Gibson hasn't let that info out yet. I suppose they may after they are all made and delivered to the stores. They do usually say the number of an LE AFAIK.

And as to selling them, again, I don't expect them to raise in value much if at all (exceptions will of course occur, and some will get high prices). Still feel as the price of it goes up, the interest in it will go down. It's a great guitar, but when more money is involved, it gets that much closer to other Les Paul models, which are fully finished, fully appointed and not considered "budget" guitars (where you won't need to include the "for the money" disclaimer when you talk about what a great guitar it is).

...For those of you in the UK, of course it's more. You've got a 17% VAT. And there is the cost of importation. Not to mention the cost of maintaining a dealer network over there (I highly doubt Gibson will be shipping these to Nashville from the UK for warranty work). And the exchange rate (which fluctuates, and since the product is based on US Dollars, there will be a built in "pad" to protect the local Sellers if the exchange rate should get worse for them before they pay for the guitars). And on and on. Yep, way more expensive over there. Im sure other new Gibsons are too. Just the way of the world.

Spot on.

Apparently we get our own back by charging all you Americans way over the odds for 'our' Marshalls, though...........

With a wheelbarrow? [laugh]

Hey, if it sells, I may list mine next. That'd make a good deal on a clean R6 an easy reach! [cool]

According to ebay, that one sold today for $1799. Two others sold in the last week for a pitiful $1299.

That's it, my GT is going up tonight with a hsc and I'm going to beat you to that R6. [flapper]

According to ebay, that one sold today for $1799. Two others sold in the last week for a pitiful $1299.

That's it, my GT is going up tonight with a hsc and I'm going to beat you to that R6. [flapper]

There's a new one up for $1999 or Best Offer. Awesome. =D>

Looks like those two are one and the same, and didn't sell (yet anyway). The first add says it has ended, but no bids listed and doesn't say it ended with "Buy It Now". Also says the Seller has "relisted the item or one like it". It's the same guitar...

Oh, and his Honeyburst that was listed at $!599 just ended too, no sale.

Archived