Gibson Brands Forums

G-400 vs G-310

NickNice

I have a frienf how want a G-310, but I want to discourage him from this. How can I convert it to the G-400? Can you give me argument for me to tell him? I know the Boltet necj and the pickups arent this good... but others ?

Tuners are not Grovers.

Body is Alder not Mahogany.

Almost everything about it is inferior to a G400.

I have a frienf how want a G-310, but I want to discourage him from this. How can I convert it to the G-400? Can you give me argument for me to tell him? I know the Boltet necj and the pickups arent this good... but others ?

Is his desire for the G-310 based on PRICE? Used G-400s from musicians friend are there

to be had, some in better condition than others. Price IS lower than NEW. OR......

As A FRIEND, you can loan him the $$$ to get the G-400, and he can pay you off as

an "Indentured Servant" (heh, heh, heh).

Seriously, can you tell us what about the G-310 appeals to him?

Just curious.....

Is his desire for the G-310 based on PRICE? Used G-400s from musicians friend are there

to be had, some in better condition than others. Price IS lower than NEW. OR......

As A FRIEND, you can loan him the $$ to get the G-400, and he can pay you off as

an "Indentured Servant" (heh, heh, heh).

Seriously, can you tell us what about the G-310 appeals to him?

Just curious.....

He think the bolted neck is better than the setted-in neck, and he like better the full-face PG.

Ahhhhh, so sad. So many posts from experienced members, so many

recommendations to "step up" to a G-400. Heck, even a "Vintage"

G-400 (satin finish) is only $50.00 more. So many G-400s to choose from -

List of G-400 Gits:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=epiphone+g-400

However, let us know what he chooses, as it IS his choice.

[scared][scared][scared]

Heck, even a "Vintage" G-400 (satin finish) is only $50.00 more...

And to put it in even better perspective, the G-310 is overpriced by at least that much money.

As a G-310 owner myself, I can honestly say that they are decent guitars to learn on. But he is going to want something better within a year. I garauntee it. I did. And for the same retail price as a G-310 I bought a different guitar (non-Epi) that smokes the 310 in all aspects. I'll be playing my first gig with it tomorrow night. Yeah, I'm part-timing on guitar now. Woot!

Archived