Gibson Brands Forums

Reverend Guitars

everett000

I own a 2001 Reverend Slingshot:

slingshot2.jpgslingshot.jpg

Yes, the top and back are actually corrugated aluminum.

Specs

It's a good guitar that has it's own voice; the P90's aren't as brash as Gibson P90's and are better suited towards blues than rock and roll; they sound a little like Tele pups. It's mostly hollow with a center block and that quality shows through; one could think of it sort of like a high end Danelectro in that regard. The trem isn't worth a damn as the guitar goes out of tune as soon as you touch the bar but I'm not much of a trem guy to begin with so I just leave it off.

It's not the first guitar I grab as, like I described, it has it's own sound but it's a great sound for bluesier styles when you want something less refined and more interesting than a typical Gibson or Fender sound.

I bought the Slingshot on Ebay from a guy in New Orleans immediately before Katrina hit and he had to evacuate before he could ship it. Long story short, the guy grabbed his valuables and the guitar and ended up in Tennessee before he could ship it. I couldn't believe he had to run out of town with only what he could carry and still brought the guitar with him to ship to me.

I've read some really good stuff about the Pete Anderson model and I'd love to at least take one for a test drive.

I've read some really good stuff about the Pete Anderson model and I'd love to at least take one for a test drive.

That's the one that caught my eye as well, I'd never heard of these before this thread. Now that I'm looking I see why, only one dealer in Kansas and that's in a town of 1500 people near Topeka. Would be cool to go up there and test drive one at least.

I've looked at both Reverend and Saint Blues guitars at the Dallas and Arlington guitar shows, but I've never played them. Neither company offered lefties until just the last couple of years, and they don't bring lefties to the show. Still, they look like a good value.

Archived