Gibson Brands Forums

Goldtop Gibson Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute Roll Call

truetone6

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey blazer that is slow.... I know who your supplier is but who is your dealer..? and is that a 50s tribute they are going to get you..? not a 60s tribute which they now have available..? I've have had my 50s tribute since Oct. from YVS

Long & Mcquades in Oshawa Ontario after hereing from Yorkville Sound I phoned L&M right away and ordered one,they didn't even know they were available but like I say their were only a couple.When it comes in I'll post pic's

Hey blazer that is slow.... I know who your supplier is but who is your dealer..? and is that a 50s tribute they are going to get you..? not a 60s tribute which they now have available..? I've have had my 50s tribute since Oct. from YVS

Oh ya Whirlgig it is a 50's Tribute I confirmed the order as a LPST50

Long & Mcquades in Oshawa Ontario after hereing from Yorkville Sound I phoned L&M right away and ordered one,they didn't even know they were available but like I say their were only a couple.When it comes in I'll post pic's

Now that is really bazaar cause I'm in Whitby and ordered my G/T back in June/10 from L&M Oshawa so how they didn't know about them

has to make one wonder?? makes you want to ask WTF!! when you go back... any hoo how it's great that they still had one available for you!! (that's like 5 here) good luck... looking forward to the pics when you get it.

Rob

Now that is really bazaar cause I'm in Whitby and ordered my G/T back in June/10 from L&M Oshawa so how they didn't know about them

has to make one wonder?? makes you want to ask WTF!! when you go back... any hoo how it's great that they still had one available for you!! (that's like 5 here) good luck... looking forward to the pics when you get it.

Rob

Ya these have just become available from Gibson as I understand it.In Sept I tryed to order one and they were not taking any orders and I've been bugging them ever since hoping for a cancelation .Yorkville's and L&M were great,Anyways I could care less I'M GETTING A GOLD TOP whewwwww.They don't know how long before I get it though.

• 2 weeks later...

That sucks I hope they can fix it for you.Was it playable when you got it

Not when tuned up...

The fretboard is pulling up at the first fret, right at the nut.

When I relaxed the tuning (as per the RMA instructions) it laid right back down. I'm not sure that QC would have seen it, but dang.

I hope they'll let me know what's going on with it soon. They've had it since the 9th.

QViuH.jpg

Not when tuned up...

The fretboard is pulling up at the first fret, right at the nut.

When I relaxed the tuning (as per the RMA instructions) it laid right back down. I'm not sure that QC would have seen it, but dang.

I hope they'll let me know what's going on with it soon. They've had it since the 9th.

QViuH.jpg

Hi Riverside, the same thing happend to my 50's Tribute. It looked exactly like yours! I was going to send it back as well,but decieded to glue it myself.I really should have sent it back back, but I'm the impatient type and didn't feel like waiting!

I thinned out some wood glue and injected it in the seperation, pulled back on the headstock gently to get it all the way in. Wiped off the excess glue and I clamped it overnite and next day good as new!Mine is Ebony so it left a small line you can see so I may touch it up with some black nitro, but it's really no biggie. That was 5 months ago and it's holding up fine.

I've seen posts about this problem with the 50's tribute on other sites as well. Yours should be fine once you get it back!

That looks like a easy fix Riverside,I hope for your sake anyway.

I emailed Gibson about when I could expect mine and was told they are just finishing up production of the last 50's Tributes.

the tuning (as per the RMA instructions) it laid right back down. I'm not sure that QC would have seen it, but dang.

QViuH.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Tarbender.I'm hoping mine will be # 6

Got mine back in early December after a 4 month wait. I was told (take this with a grain of salt) by the salesman that there were only 5 Goldtops received coast to coast in Canada AFAHK:

5314502002_62cf02d2be_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

+1 here (multi-angle videos up of it on Youtube.com/iodine74.

Though I got the chance to hold/play a 60s (Cherryburst) today... like the neck much much better. Gotta see if I can track down a 60s Goldtop and unload mine.

I have a two piece 60's Tribute and was dreaming of a 50's for awhile, but I'd rather stick by her. I would go with a different color for the 60's because it'll probably be cheaper and easier to find, unless you find someone willing to trade.

I have a two piece 60's Tribute and was dreaming of a 50's for awhile, but I'd rather stick by her. I would go with a different color for the 60's because it'll probably be cheaper and easier to find, unless you find someone willing to trade.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out, if I'm going to have to find someone willing to trade, or if I'd have to go secondhand (and then possibly out of pocket pending how much I could get for mine). I kinda do have a little bit of a lead on a new one, not sure if it's in this state though - gotta call the place today.

• 1 month later...

Just recieved a call from my dealer who let me know my Les Paul 50's Tribute Gold Top is being shipped out of Nashville today and hopefully get it within a couple weeks.I'll post pic's when I get it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bigdaddydave here.

I just put £100 deposit on a studio 50's goldtop this morning at GUITAR VILLIAGE in UK I was just really lucky to see one 'just in' there and instantly slapped a deposit on it. Been looking for weeks & could only find studio 50's goldtop's with Humbuckers which are called the same here ( in UK) as with P90's. Good luck to all in finding theirs. Yo to all you Dude's from ENGLAND. Bigdaddydave

Can't wait for the pics

Bigdaddydave here.

I just put £100 deposit on a studio 50's goldtop this morning at GUITAR VILLIAGE in UK I was just really lucky to see one 'just in' there and instantly slapped a deposit on it. Been looking for weeks & could only find studio 50's goldtop's with Humbuckers which are called the same here ( in UK) as with P90's. Good luck to all in finding theirs. Yo to all you Dude's from ENGLAND. Bigdaddydave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi from Canada, my goldtop was ordered from Long & Mcquade in Vancouver, got it nov 10,2010.

I will say this, the finish could be a whole lot better quality, but i got it to play it, not look at it.. I am pleased and it plays perfectly, sounds great.

post-34410-009706200 1310513094_thumb.jpg

post-34410-053995400 1310513272_thumb.jpg

My understanding is only 5 Gold Tops were being shipped to Canada.Mine and yours makes two is their any other Canadian Gold Top 50's Tributes out their??

Just ordered a Gibson USA case off ebay for it $140.00 new

Hi from Canada, my goldtop was ordered from Long & Mcquade in Vancouver, got it nov 10,2010.

I will say this, the finish could be a whole lot better quality, but i got it to play it, not look at it.. I am pleased and it plays perfectly, sounds great.

I heard rumoured there were only 5 of the 50 gold top tributes and only about 7 of the 60 gold top tributes (there are probably more)

that came through Y/S for Canada mine was the first 50 gold top ordered and I was lucky enough to get one of the 60 tributes also. DSCF0790.jpg

Archived