Gibson Brands Forums

True Bypass, is it all that?

bluesguitar65

If they want to demo there buffer against a 25' cable, then I want I want to hear what a 3 foot cable sounds like guitar direct to the amp with no boxes, to me there box sound colored, too bright and lifeless.

Hmmmm....you just gave me a thought to do a video to correlate length of a cable influencing sound. Stay tune for a youtube.

If they want to demo there buffer against a 25' cable, then I want I want to hear what a 3 foot cable sounds like guitar direct to the amp with no boxes, to me there box sound colored, too bright and lifeless.

I completely agree, I've seen this vid before...and thought it was crap. There buffer sounds really colored and lifeless.. [thumbdn]

Buffers are awesome, when you need them. When you don't need them, well... I won't say they always worsen things, but sometimes they do. I like to be able to decide what happens in my signal chain. If I turn a pedal off, I want it to be off. And if I need a buffer I'll fix one and hook it up where I want it, when I want it.

This device screams bourgeoisie. Same with noise gates and people that have NASA designed rack units with power conditioners.

If you take the time to learn about buffering and true bypass and cables you can setup your pedal board to be less tone suck.

Archived