Gibson Brands Forums

Mysterious Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Lalo007

Hello everybody I recently bought a used Epiphone Les Paul Standard online but i noticed that this one was very light compared to my other Les Paul and while i trying to change the EMG pickups i was surprised to see that the guitar is chambered an then I send an email to gibson asking for an authenticity confirmation for a LP I just bought. today gibson answered the following:

Hi,

Thanks for the email. The pictures and serial number are consistent with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus model in Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish, made in Korea in January of 2007. This model is not chambered, and does not come with EMG humbuckers, so these were likely aftermarket modifications. Here is a link with more information on the model, http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=45&CollectionID=6 . Thanks again!

Please let me know what do you think about this one: to me is hard to belive the guitar could have been chambered later by a luthier.

I leave these pictures and a link to more accurate pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=214026&id=717661964&l=c0c212abd1

regards

post-25915-059300100 1285626283_thumb.jpg

post-25915-017410100 1285626296_thumb.jpg

post-25915-049539500 1285626306_thumb.jpg

Lalo007,

You are going to have to do a little more explaining. Not being insulting here but.,,,

Gibson already gave you an answer.

Your first post...(not making fun of your choice of names but...

LAY Low 007?

A guitar that we all know Epi never made in such a configuration?

Not that you are not on the up and up. God knows we all like to help newbs here.

I think a little more info would help if you want an answer.

Where do you live?

Where did you get the guitar?

Who sold it to you?

What did they tell you?

Nothing Personal,

Willy

Gibson did not say that the guitar was real or fake all they did was tell us that the serial number was consistent with a guitar matching the description. who's to say that the serial number wasn't copied from a genuine.

the fact that your one is chambered is very suspicious, who would go to the trouble of chambering a guitar?

Thanks guys for uploading photos, i only have 500 kbs, sorry for not being more specific on the subject, my name is Eduardo (short name Lalo) i contact the seller in a Internet Auction Store in Mexico, the seller was a guy who certainly knew nothing about guitars nor know which was the finish of the guitar, and did not say where he got it, but i pay about $ 300 dlls for it,

indeed a friend who knows more LP than I is helping me in this and he post in another forum but the guitar is mine.

i wanted to know if someone had a guitar like this, and if by chance it is a rare epiphone guitar and if is worth it sacrifice the sustain by the comfort

i included two more pics in the other forum

I am not criticizing, i love epiphone guitars

Lalo

Archived