Gibson Brands Forums

any HIFI enthusiasts on here?

S t e v e

Yep..kept my old stereo setup..still sounds quite good to me,

Nakamichi pre amp/mixer. Nakamichi 700 sound on Sound 3 head Cassette(model below the 1000 Dragon). Two SAE amps in a Nakamichi rack..with SAE Parmetric EQ. Dahlquist phased array DQ10s hanging upside down from the ceiling. Sonab reflectors on floor at rear wall. ADS on side walls between these.

Harmon Kardon linear..Sony Linear turntables with Dahlquist noise limiters.

Works great as a home theatre too...

Years ago (ran into "lifes expenses"), the equipment is seriously outdated, but still works fine (except for a light or 2).

Pioneer SX-727 (40watts/channel @ 8ohm-50watts/channel @ 4ohm).

Unit is setup with "pull outs" for standalone amp/preamp and Quad-remember that?-. "Plan" was to use the unit as a "base" and buy amp/preamp. Never had the dough to upgrade that way.

Originally Dual 510x belt drive, then a Dual direct drive 701 turntables. Both are gone- not dead, given away.

AudioAnalyst 3 way speakers (one of my older 2 sons decided to pull the cover off and "poke" tweeter and woofer- end of speaker).

Late '80s replaced the speakers with OHM/Walsh 2s.

Denon cassette. Sony CD player.

Original setup was purchased at Crazy Eddie's.

Years ago (ran into "lifes expenses"), the equipment is seriously outdated, but still works fine (except for a light or 2).

Pioneer SX-727 (40watts/channel @ 8ohm-50watts/channel @ 4ohm).

Unit is setup with "pull outs" for standalone amp/preamp and Quad-remember that?-. "Plan" was to use the unit as a "base" and buy amp/preamp. Never had the dough to upgrade that way.

Originally Dual 510x belt drive, then a Dual direct drive 701 turntables. Both are gone- not dead, given away.

AudioAnalyst 3 way speakers (one of my older 2 sons decided to pull the cover off and "poke" tweeter and woofer- end of speaker).

Late '80s replaced the speakers with OHM/Walsh 2s.

Denon cassette. Sony CD player.

Original setup was purchased at Crazy Eddie's.

Good ole Crazy Eddie.

Craig

Lordy! Lordy! I'm from the early 60ies. Lower level,as operational ,I have an ancient Pioneer Pre and Receiver (100)watts, four J.W Davis speakers, out of Dallas with handmade mahogony cabinets(15'woofers, 7" mid, 5" tweeters and horn outs, two Pioneer 100 model speakers to boot. Heck, the Davis speakers weigh 110 pounds each and are rectangles on chrome posts with steel peds. P. turntables, even a functional eight track, two cass. decks, CD. L.P.s back to Brook Benton and up to Floyd. 50ies, 45s everywhere. Downright embarrassing (but orderly) tip to the equipment past and present whenever I go downstairs. Upper level is Pioneer surround 150 watt receiver, Bose 901's, center and rears all to Bravia TV monster, Blu Ray, etc. I'm alone and have never sold even a turntable belt. I made the lower level of my split my listening and performance studios. Both keep growing! Nuff said. :blink:

Archived