Gibson Brands Forums

ACL

RB72

So ACL Fest starts tomorrow and I'm not going for just the second time since it's inception. Just not a big Eagls fan. And the lineup is pretty weak this year. The only band I would want to really see are The Black Keys. Spoon maybe but I've seen them quite a few times. Although I am going to miss checking out all the bands I don't know and discovering some new music. Anyone here in town this weekend for the Festival?

So ACL Fest starts tomorrow and I'm not going for just the second time since it's inception. Just not a big Eagls fan. And the lineup is pretty weak this year. The only band I would want to really see are The Black Keys. Spoon maybe but I've seen them quite a few times. Although I am going to miss checking out all the bands I don't know and discovering some new music. Anyone here in town this weekend for the Festival?

I wish, a lot of bands in that lineup I would love to see.

I thought you meant anterior cruciate ligament

[biggrin] I thought about that right after posting. I'm assuming that the Festival is big enough that people would know what I'm talking about. Austin City Limits Music Festival.

The Eagles Muse Phish The Strokes M.I.A. The Flaming Lips LCD Soundsystem Spoon Vampire Weekend Norah Jones Band of Horses Monsters of Folk Deadmau5 Sonic Youth Gogol Bordello The National Robert Earl Keen The Black Keys Broken Bells Yeasayer Pat Green Slightly Stoopid The xx Silversun Pickups Beach House The Sword Matt and Kim Portugal. The Man The Temper Trap Rebelution Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros Girls Miike Snow Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses Local Natives The Gaslight Anthem Lucero Devendra Banhart and the Grogs Blues Traveler Pete Yorn The Soft Pack Gayngs Amos Lee Robert Randolph & The Family Band Ozomatli Richard Thompson Martin Sexton Manchester Orchestra Black Lips The Mountain Goats Bear in Heaven Mayer Hawthorne & The County Midlake Foals Switchfoot Cage the Elephant JJ Grey & Mofro Kinky Angus & Julia Stone The Morning Benders Donavon Frankenreiter Ted Leo and the Pharmacists White Rabbits David Bazan Asleep at the Wheel Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue Nortec Collective Presents: Bostich + Fussible The Very Best Beats Antique The Henry Clay People Blind Pilot Grace Potter and the Nocturnals GIVERS Warpaint Dawes The Band of Heathens Charlie Mars Two Door Cinema Club Lissie First Aid Kit Sarah Harmer The Constellations T Bird and the Breaks Chief Frank Turner Shearwater Those Darlins Carolyn Wonderland TV Torso NINJASONIK Kings Go Forth The Relatives The Ettes Vonnegutt Qbeta The Dough Rollers MyNameIsJohnMichael Basia Bulat Sahara Smith Balmorhea Dan Black JD & The Straight Shot The Jane Shermans The Kicks Ponderosa Two Tons of Steel Caitlin Rose SPEAK Run With Bulls Maxim Ludwig & The Santa Fe Seven Gospel Stars Heavenly Voices Wesley Bray & The Disciples of Joy Jones Family Singers Ashley Cleveland & Kenny Greenberg Buddy & The Straight Way Travelers Ruby Jane The Verve Pipe Frances England The Jellydots Elizabeth Mitchell Okee Dokee Brothers Tom Freund The School of Rock All Stars Q Brothers

Phew! 3 days of fun. And I take back what I said. Not necessarily a weak lineup. Just not as good as in the past. Flaming Lips would be a good show. Saw them 2 years ago. Great show.

Wow, that's a lot of music. Wish I could be there. Sorry for making you type all of that, didn't know what I was asking...LOL

The Eagles and Muse would make it all worth while for me.

Not to mention Silversun Pickups, The Black Keys, and Cage the Elephant (who I saw in Grand Prairie, Tx. They were excellent). Plus Blues Traveler, I always liked the harmonica playing on their songs.

Edit: Not going to lie I'd like to see Deadmau5 work his magic.

Archived