Gibson Brands Forums

Its a ****ing start...but im pretty happy!

dem00n

I agree with Henry's statement, to a point. He's conveniently leaving out some details and buries the truth at the end of his statement.

For your convenience:

Henry wrote:

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:07 AM

... <Long winded excuses> ... We cannot support a single store visit that can easily run $1000 when the store sells 10 of our instruments a year ...

Henry's requirements for being an "authorized dealer", as well as marketing and advertising rules, is why most small dealers don't carry Gibson.

But Gibson isn't the only company playing that game.

You see it all the time in the big stores - lots of stock, including 2 and 3 year old guitars hanging on the walls (sometimes older), still "new", yet to be purchased. Small dealers can't afford to have big chuncks of their money hanging on the wall that long. The small shops I see are surving on brands like Ibanez, BC Rich, Jackson, Yamaha, Takamine, etc, where the investment per guitar is minimal compared to Gibson and other expensive brands.

I know every one here loves NGD,

but who says it NEEDS to be factory fresh?

I got my fist Gibson used via private sale, and I only shop at my local independent shop(I know that there are some of you that don't have that luxury).

That being said they carry a sizable stock of gently used Gibsons, not just LP's but V's thunderbirds, even some epi's too.so there are little guys that can supply you with what you want, you just have to get out there,

be it physically,or online(most of them will ship and insure).

I FLAT OUT refuse to go to GC, and there is another intermediate sized chain here that has quite possibly THE WORST customer service ever.

My local guys are cool, they jump to help you with out being pushy.

I know them by name and interact with them in the community.

So shop local if you can, or support the little guy that has what you want online.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived