Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall VM 2266

Silenced Fred

I have my Sunn, but I'm thinking of going to the Marshall. Haven't played one in person yet (I think) but online, they sound pretty good.

Anyone have experience with them? I am going for a more gain-y Marshall-y sound so I figured a Marshall would be a good place to start

I just looked this model up on YouTube and WOW I'm impressed. I have got to check one of these out in person.

They seem amazing though. Such a huge tone.

My only gripe with the Marshall sound is that it's extremely common and normal sounding. It's popular because it's good but I have mixed feelings about it.

But I love what I heard.

Is it weird that I immediately think "Ceriatone" when I think about Marshall-y tones? I mean, they sound pretty good and are a good deal cheaper than the genuine article Marshalls.

I mean, if you don't mind putting 'em together yourself (or paying slightly more for a preassembled one,) they happen to be great deals. Of course, they don't quite have a VM equivalent.

Yeah, the Marshall VM 2266 is very good in my limited experience with them. You can get a lot of great, usable tones out of it. I say check one out. [thumbup]

I just looked this model up on YouTube and WOW I'm impressed. I have got to check one of these out in person.

They seem amazing though. Such a huge tone.

My only gripe with the Marshall sound is that it's extremely common and normal sounding. It's popular because it's good but I have mixed feelings about it.

But I love what I heard.

I think playing around with it can get a ton of tones, especially with the Low and High switch to make it vintage or new sounding. I like that feature a ton.

And, all things considered, it isn't really breaking the bank (although I am a college student), not bad for the money.

Hmm.. I just got a new job so I'll have some cash rolling in here pretty soon.. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks for the info.

So was this Marshall GAS inspired by the Black Keys? I don't know what Dan uses but I hear some Marshall-y tones.

Edit: I just looked a Josh James' thread and it seems Dan does use Marshalls.

Hmm.. I just got a new job so I'll have some cash rolling in here pretty soon.. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Thanks for the info.

So was this Marshall GAS inspired by the Black Keys? I don't know what Dan uses but I hear some Marshall-y tones.

Edit: I just looked a Josh James' thread and it seems Dan does use Marshalls.

Dan uses like 5 amps on some live stuff!

Nah, I'm going more punk/rhythm guitar since I have a lead player now, and figured why the hell not?

I can get some great Black Keys tones out of my Sunn and a fuzz pedal

Practice, gotta keep it low

Crank it at the show

Hell, that even rhymes, which means it is true

Except I don't play shows.....[lol]

Its better to have a smaller tube amp that you can crank than a 50W or something that you can't

Ahh ok. Since I'm currently playing with just a drummer I'm playing a lot of rythym/ lead at the same time stuff.

I love some British crunch.

Also 50w is perfect for me. This head and a 2x12 cab with some nice greenbacks or something would treat me very well.

Except I don't play shows.....[lol]

Its better to have a smaller tube amp that you can crank than a 50W or something that you can't

I have a 50 Watt amp currently, works great, they aren't "that" loud...

Go check on MLP, I don't know if its still there, but some guy started a flame war about how anyone who uses an amp over like 15 watts doesn't know how to play because you can always mic a 5 watt amp, blah blah blah. It's a good read if you have an hour

I have a 50 Watt amp currently, works great, they aren't "that" loud...

Go check on MLP, I don't know if its still there, but some guy started a flame war about how anyone who uses an amp over like 15 watts doesn't know how to play because you can always mic a 5 watt amp, blah blah blah. It's a good read if you have an hour

[lol] I do.

Those threads are funny.

Archived