Gibson Brands Forums

Great albums with bad tone...

ShredAstaire

That's a little muddy, but not too bad.

Here is my vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kHj3yysRrI

Sister is my favorite Sonic Youth album, but the drums sound like a$$. One of the few times tubes hurt the tone of an instrument (they ran the drums through an old tube board). Guitars and bass still sound killer. So raw. A beautiful sonic assault for your ears.

That's a little muddy, but not too bad.

I'm specifically listening for the Lead tone in that song....which carries on the whole album. Sounds so digital...but it was recorded way back in 1993...not much digital stuff was happening that I am aware of. I could be wrong but it sounds shitty! :)

I'm specifically listening for the Lead tone in that song....which carries on the whole album. Sounds so digital...but it was recorded way back in 1993...not much digital stuff was happening that I am aware of. I could be wrong but it sounds shitty! :)

Sounds like overly compressed fuzz to me. Not bad, but there are better fuzz tones out there.

LOUIE LOUIE !!!!!

NOT ONLY A BAD MIX but this is when ya got ONE TAKE and that;s it the proof is in the single if ya notice he comes back into the second verse to soon yet they just keep on going...the singer stops waits 4 bars and then jumps back in !!!!!

Reminds me of those booth;s at Jones beach where ya paid a dollar to have a 45 of you made......real cheap quality but very cool if ya wanted to get some chic that night..you made her a record. !!!!

Others....WOOLY BULLY

MANY BLUES SONGS from the 50;s were certainly one take as well !!!!!

St James

Archived