Gibson Brands Forums

Chris Poland appreciation thread.

Kimbabig

I'm down with this. Chris Poland was the best guitarist Megadeth had. I dont know if he was technically the best, but he had the best riffs, and the Megadeth "sound", hands down. I remember the first time I heard "Return to Metalopolis". I almost cried because those riff should have been Megadeth's riffs. I mean, So Far, So Good, and Rust in Peace were good, but Peace Sells, was a friggin masterpiece because of Chris Poland. None of the later album could touch it. I dont care how technically proficient Nick Menza was or is, his riffs were cold and he didnt have Chris' heart.

I'm down with this. Chris Poland was the best guitarist Megadeth had. I dont know if he was technically the best, but he had the best riffs, and the Megadeth "sound", hands down. I remember the first time I heard "Return to Metalopolis". I almost cried because those riff should have been Megadeth's riffs. I mean, So Far, So Good, and Rust in Peace were good, but Peace Sells, was a friggin masterpiece because of Chris Poland. None of the later album could touch it. I dont care how technically proficient Nick Menza was or is, his riffs were cold and he didnt have Chris' heart.

I've loved everthing he's done from Killing is my business to Circus of Sound.

Archived