Gibson Brands Forums

Jeff Beck gig

BT Bob

The awesome Mr Beck played Cardiff St. David's Hall last night.

Absolutely devastating show. I just can't work out how he does what he does with a guitar!!

Obviously, mostly all played on a couple of Strats, but the Ox-Blood LP came out for the encore "How High The Moon" tribute the Les Paul.

Backed by Jason Rebello, Rhonda Smith & Narada Michael Walden - great band.

Busy week here in Cardiff - JB last night, Robert Plant tonight and Seth Lakeman on Thursday!

I'll be deaf (but very happy by Friday ;)

The awesome Mr Beck played Cardiff St. David's Hall last night.

Absolutely devastating show. I just can't work out how he does what he does with a guitar!!

Obviously, mostly all played on a couple of Strats, but the Ox-Blood LP came out for the encore "How High The Moon" tribute the Les Paul.

Backed by Jason Rebello, Rhonda Smith & Narada Michael Walden - great band.

Busy week here in Cardiff - JB last night, Robert Plant tonight and Seth Lakeman on Thursday!

I'll be deaf (but very happy by Friday ;)

Do you regularly O/D on pleasure :unsure: ?

:-({|=

I've seen Jeff a number of times now, always a great show. @ Damian, that would have been the 1989 tour with Jeff and SRV, at that time SRV should have been 2 or so years into his recovery from his Demons so I'd be thinking you unfortunately caught him on a bad night based on the few shows I have on tape from that tour.

Just back from the Plant gig. Playing with the Band Of Joy. Another great night. Threw in a few Zep songs (Tangerine, Gallows Pole, Misty Mountain Hop, Houses Of The Holy and Rock & Roll in the encore). Also did Please Read The Letter from the "unledded" work with JP.

What a great band - tight as a duck's arse. And great interaction with the crowd.

Day off tomorrow (well, off to the pub for a couple of beers), then Seth Lakeman on Thursday and rugby on Friday. An exceptionally good week!!!!!!

Probably the best thing is the venue. All three shows are in a "proper" theatre, approx 1500 seats and fantastic acoustics.

We saw Beck at the O2 in London in February with Clapton. He was great, but (for my money) he's better in front of 1500 than 20,000!

Archived