Gibson Brands Forums

Saw Robert Plant last night

chengin

Got to see Robert Plant with the Band of Joy last night. Nice smallish venue, he was on top form. He really hasn't lost it, super show. Still doing the moves!

They did a couple of Zeppelin numbers too which was great, a bit of everything really and nice bits of chit chat and interaction with the audience. The band is great, Patty Griffin and Buddy Miller were excellent, they all were.

A great night, the Zep stuff was so good, interesting versions. Really good stuff [thumbup]

Always the Musical Explorer, I saw him back when he did Manic Nirvana and a couple years ago with Allison Krauss. Both concerts were in my top 10 concerts attended (maybe top 5), and both were so different it was like seeing two completely different entertainers. Battle of Evermore with Allison was absolutely the best version I've ever heard, I wish they'd release it on DVD or something.

I'm hoping he takes the Band Of Joy around the States, too. [thumbup]

As far as I am concerned, Robert Plant has totally put Jimmy Page to shame when it comes to solo work. While Page is still basking in his Zeppelinness, Plant is out making good new music.

Agreed. JP was rad, but RP and JPJ (Them Crooked Vultures) kept on truckin' with ambitious new material that is still relevant and interesting.

Archived