Gibson Brands Forums

im confused

hotshot9991

ok im making a maple neck with my dad and teacher sorry its a fender neck not a Gibson. Anyways i whant to make one from 61 with a 21 fret, fret board I have a 62 reissue strat im gonna take dimensions from that but from the point im confused on is this.There's 22 fret and 21 fret boards are the actual necks of fender all the same the only difference on the neck is the fret board????? if not I need to get dimensions on a 62 because the 21 fretboard looks the exact length of the actual neck the 22 fret boards look a little longer than the neck.

I can't help.....You may want to clarify the title of your thread. Not many builders on this forum....Have you tried the Fender Sites??? Internet research??? Did you solve your pickup questions??? I don't know much and can't follow your questions, but I do know that if the scale is going to be 25 it shouldn't matter as long as the length from the nut to the bridge is 25. But you already have the body, so, ah, sorry, dunno.

HotShotDude, check out Stew-Mac.com. They have all kinds of free technical info on all kinds of stuff from scale-lengths to pups and pup-wiring and wood choices to building tips and techniques. Do a little reading and research and you will find the answers you seek. Some of it gets pretty involved, but you'll be able to sort through the info you need and the stuff you don't need. Happy building!

Yeah, that 22nd fret is installed on a thin lip that extends the fingerboard slightly.

When you see a 21 & 22 side by side it will be obvious.

For years, the truss rod adjustment was done on the joint end.

You don't want one of them - a real pain compared to the modern system.

Archived